Chapter III: What is Love?

Dear Friend,

          I recently told a friend that I had feelings for her. It went a bit crazy at first, it really did. We didn’t speak. I felt horrible. She tried to understand me but I didn’t let her. Is this a problem of mine… not being able to accept others when they offer their help? Would I prefer to just lie on my bed at night weeping and regretting? Well, I already did that.

          I may really look like a fool now but I just wanted it to be done with. I didn’t talk to her for I felt embarrassed and horrible. The weeks past and I was given a letter in reply to mine. I really do like giving letters, huh? As I read through, I felt happier as if nothing in the world mattered anymore. And the fact that practically 2 periods were free that day helped me. I began to start acting as if nothing had happened. I think she felt weird about it a bit… seeing me back to my regular self.

          Okay, enough about me. I have a friend who pretty much embarrassed himself in class only to proclaim that his heart was opened once again by the girl he liked. Okay, now that’s a bit too overly dramatic. I promise you that if you were in my class, you’d have laughed. I felt sorry for the girl.

       Some people say that when you don’t have a crush, you’re not normal. It’s not that you don’t like someone but just that you haven’t found the right person just yet. Have you ever said “I love you” to someone whom you truly loved and wouldn’t want to be separated for the rest of your life? Well, I’m still young so maybe I just haven’t found that Juliet in my life.

          But some people truly just “love” someone that they’d kill them to preserve their love. Now, that is just plain wrong. The matter of the fact is that you’ll be contented to simply look from a far to see the girl you love be with someone else only to see her smile. At least that’s what I would do.

          What am I trying to say? Love is great. It is beautiful. It is scary. Love is a mystery all right. Just when you have it all planned in my mind, you fail at the real thing. You need to have someone cushion the blow for when you drop hard to the ground.

         Really wished you’d write back.

                                                                   Yours truly,

                                                                             Anonymous

……………………………………………………………………………

          Love is a fantasy living in our hearts.

          You do not know love until you have known pain…

          Suffering from the deep abyss would send you falling down

          To the epitome of crashing shards of broken glass

          It is only when your bones have been broken,

          Your organs destroyed, and your flesh ripped apart

          Will you know what love is.

          Love is never blind. It is the person who simply does not see with his eyes as clear as his heart. If you wish to love somebody, make yourself acknowledge them for who they truly are. Don’t simply love something about that person, but love everything about him/her. You may simply be blinded by your own foolishness that you treat her rubbishy.

          If you truly love her, don’t give her flowers. Don’t give her chocolates. Give her your heart and soul. Give her your dedication; your commitment. Don’t simply give her poetry or a song, but mean it from the bottom of your soul. Don’t touch her. Don’t simply kiss her. Be there for her. Be there for each other. Be the other half of her life that she would never forget.

          The shards of her broken heart lay on the floor.

          Even if I am to bleed,

          I pick them up one by one

          Not letting a single one slip from my bloody hands.

          I pick them up then form the puzzle.

          With the pieces all connected,

          I stood there at the dark snowy plain.

          I walk straight forward to the light…

          The light of the angel with the broken heart.

          “I have your heart” I say

          She pushes my bloodied hand away from her…

          Towards me.

          “My heart belongs with you” she says.