˗ˏˋ reunion ˎˊ˗

time skip to a few days later

~ harley ~

i happily lip synced to "wannabe" by the spice girls, as i brushed my hair. today, i was finally reuniting with my best friend lily.  we had already properly settled in

"mom what time are they coming over?" i asked for probably the 40th time today. "i told already told you, at around 6 for dinner." she said sounding slightly annoyed.

i shrugged it off and continued my cringy-ass-lip-sync performance.

- time skip - (sorry :P)

"come on hair tie! stop letting me down!" i groaned as i once again failed at tying my hair into a fishtail braid.

 "you know how stupid you sound talking to yourself like that?" nathan asked from the other room.

"i can assure you that its by far, not as stupid as you trying to convince mom that mr. wendell accidentally failed you in history twice," i said in one breath. "yeah whatever." he called back defeated.

after finally managing to tame my hair, i walked over to my desk and grabbed my black sharpie. i began doodling on my wrist (because i was not bored at all!). i ended up writing 'you will be found' which is from my favorite musicals, dear evan hansen

suddenly the door bell rang, slightly starling me causing the 'd' to get a lil' messed up. i bolted up from my seat and ran to the hallway, by the staircase. "harley, nathan! they're here! come down," mom called before opening the door.

i ran down the stairs almost tripping on the last one. i heard david and katherine's voices as my mom greeted them. "hurry up lilian," katherine said. i walked towards them with a genuine smile on my face.

"hello harley! how nice to finally see you again," mr. james said with a smile as i went to hug him. "thank you james, same goes to you!" i returned the grin and went to hug mrs. james. "hi katherine!" i smiled as she turned around.

you may think that, that was informal. but me and lily have been friends since forever. when you're close to the kid, you're close to the parent.

"harley! oh look how big and pretty you've gotten!" she exclaimed as she engulfed me in a hug. once we pulled away, i saw the familiar strands of light brown hair i've known since we met. she walked up to the door and look up to face me.

"lily!" i exclaimed and ran straight towards her. she gasped and tackled me in a hug. "harley! i've missed you so frickin much!" she exclaimed as we hugged. we were surprisingly around the same height, unless one of us was like an inch taller.

we started jumping up and down, but when you're excited- you don't really pay attention to your surroundings. which is why next thing you know, me, lily and nathan are all on the floor, grunting in pain.

"what happened??" she asked. "i'll tell you!" nathan said as he sat up. "one minute, i'm calmly walking down the stairs, and the next! i'm on the ground with you two knuckleheads!" he shook his head in disappointment.

me and lily both held in our laughter and stood up at the same time. "i'm glad you're here, harles." she smiled. i nodded. "me too."

-- 

this chapter's kinda like a filler! i'm already working on another update rn (btw sorry for not updating earlier, i was pretty busy)

hope you like the story so far! xx