Introduction

I can still remember the first time I noticed him. I was sixteen. From day one he grabbed my attention and held it. He was attractive yes, but thats not what pulled me in.
His eyes. His eyes are like crack cocaine. He's got those adorable brown puppy dog eyes everyone falls in love with; and he knows it.
He is spanish: but for the longest time I had assumed he was native. He had dark hair with the most alluring red hue in the bangs. It looked there but not.
He wore it in an emo style: something I've always been into. His black clothes matched his hair nicely. He was taller then me, and skinny. I loved his piercings.
The first time we layed eyes on eachother it was such a brief moment: yet it will forever be one of my favorite memories. It was at the door of the shelter. Of all places. I remember the look you gave me as we passed eachother.
I hadn't even been aware there was any new intakes upstairs. I was drawn to him after that, I dont know why. I was so shocked, and so interested.

This story will spill all the gory details but long story short for now we dated, and I fell for him like leaves in autumn. But Zander can be evil.  Drugs and gangs can do that I suppose.
He broke my heart many times as you will soon learn : at some points my spirit to. Then he went to Jail for give or take two years. I tried to move on but was forever stuck on him as the one who got away.

Then the unbelieveable happened. He wasn't the one that got away: he came back.  Three years later and life is better then I could have dreamed after everything you will come to learn happened. But does he love me the way I love him?