Chapter 2: Femanindriod

In the morning the alarm goes off and sends the ninja scrambling to shut it off. Kai falls off the top bunk landing on top of Jay who had just climbed out of bed. "sorry buddy." Kai yawns.

"it's cool just get off me." Jay struggles out from under Kai.

"hey guys... Zane never came back in last night." Lloyd says pointing to Zane's empty bunk.

"weird?" Kai checks the bunk. "he doesn't appear to have been here at all."

"we should go look for him yeah?" Jay runs to the door quickly and looks down the hall. "Zane?"

"split up." Kai calls and then runs down the hall the opposite way.

-later-

The ninja meet up on deck confused and worried because they couldn't locate Zane.

"unable to find him?" Jay questions but without needed them to answer he understands just by the look on their faces that they had no luck. "weird I wonder where he ran off to?"

"oh you're all here." Zane chuckles having just come up the ramp onto the deck of the ship.

"Zane!" the other four shout at the same time and then rush forward to check if Zane is ok.

"dude don't do us like that man." Kai pouts slightly. "you can't just run off without telling somebody where you went. You had us worried sick."

"I apologize for causing you worry my friends but I believe you will be pleased to see what I have brought back with me." Zane turns around and motions for somebody behind him to come forward. "it's alright Niki these are my friends."

When the purple ninja steps forward the group is awestruck.

"so nice to meet you all." Niki bows respectfully to the group. "Zane tells me you all may have need of me?"

"need?" Cole questions looking at Zane.

"you see Niki is a robot like myself. She was built to protect her creator until he passed away. Now she has been protecting the forest with no real purpose. I was thinking she might like to at least say hello." Zane replies.

"she's a robot!?" the baffled team all say at the same time.

It seems at that moment Zane's creator comes out of the lower deck to head up to the kitchen but he quickly redirects himself to the deck when he spots the purple ninja. "Zane? Care to introduce your adorable friend?"

"father." Zane smirks a little and then points to the girl standing next to him. "this is Niki. She's a robot like myself."

"a robot you say?" Julien replies skeptically. "who did you say your creator was?"

"McKinley Chesterfield." Niki replies.

"really? Ol chesterfield? Ya don't say?" Julien chuckles recalling a fond memory.

"do you know him?" Zane questions.

"you could say that." Julien nods. "he was like the brother I never had. My best friend but not so good with tools. Oh I remember it like it was yesterday. Ol chesterfield wanted to enter a project of mine into the science contest you see there was this large cash prize and he tried to convince me to enter to fund my research. You see having both grown up together it was only natural that I allow my friend to be my assistant. Anyway, I refused because my latest invention had not been built for the purpose of showing off to the public." He places his hand on Zane's shoulder. "that would be you actually. You see chesterfield had always imagined taking our projects to the next level while I was content to be a freelance inventor."

"he wanted to enter me into a contest?" Zane questions. "what kind of contest."

"well you see that was the issue... it was a contest of young inspired minds to build things that would rip things apart... mostly other robots..."

"a robot fight?!" Jay covers his mouth as if he's said something offensive.

"but Zane is alive in a way... wouldn't that have been... an awful thing to do to him?" Kai questions.

"that's why I refused." Julien sighs. "Unfortunately he just didn't know when to quit. He took the plans for my inventions and created his own fighting robot. I never heard from him again after that." he then turns to Niki. "I'm assuming this is where you come in."

"You would be correct though my current body wasn't my original one. It took much trial and error before my combat system were fully operational." Niki nods. "I do recall this robot war the reason you did not hear from Chesterfield afterwards is because he locked himself away deep in the woods after we suffered a great loss at the robot fight."

"you didn't win?" Zane questions.

"like I said I have been altered since then." Niki shrugs. "my humor switch was removed and I was reprogramed to protect rather than fight."

"and your ninja ability?" Zane questions.

"it's a little something I learned awhile back watching a ninja out in the forest as he trained." Niki replies. "I found it to be a very effect combat style."

"you said ninja ability?" Julien questions.

"she knows Spinjitzu." Zane replies. "and she is very skilled with it."

"guess that kind of makes her like one of us already then." Cole chuckles. "alright nindriod lady I got a question to ask ya." He takes a fighting pose and smirks. "You care to show me what your made of?"

"I have nothing to hide." Niki shrugs and taps her chest. "I am made of highly heat resistant metal that is very sturdy and almost unbreakable."

"no that isn't what I meant." Cole huffs. "I meant I want you to fight me. show me what you can do."

"is this necessary Cole?" Zane questions.

"very necessary." Cole replies pulling up his ninja hood. "come at me."

Niki shrugs and attacks the insistent Cole. The two trade punches and kicks each one swiftly blocked by the other until Cole takes a chance with a small opening he thinks he sees. The moment he shifts Niki plants her knee in his chest and he falls to the ground heaving as he tries to catch his breath.

"so what was the point of that again Cole?" Kai questions with a smirk.

"I wanted to see how far she would go in a fight." Cole grumbles from the ground. "why do I get the feeling that you were holding back?" he looks at Niki.

Niki shrugs. "well I was holding back. Had I not pulled my knee back that extra inch I would have shattered your ribcage."

"well I'm very grateful you didn't do that..." Cole stands up holding his gut. "well I got the answer I was looking for. She could kill us if she wanted to."

"but she doesn't want to." Zane nods. "that good to know." He smiles a little bit and turns to Niki. "if you would like my father can repair your humor switch."

"I would like my emotions back yeah... but are you sure it isn't too much trouble?" Niki questions.

"no it's fine deary." Julien chuckles. "I have just the thing to fix that right up for you."

v