The End

Hi guys, thanks for reading. This story has no exposition. That means that you don't know the setting, or the beginning of the book. As the story continues you'll be able to piece more together, and in the end I'll connect all the dots for you! This is an original work, and the first of any story that I've shared, so be patient with me, please, haha. Feed back is definitely appreciated!
************************************
     He knows I'm not okay. He can see it in my eyes. No matter how good I am at hiding my thoughts, he can always see when I'm hurting. I love him for that. At least I think I do. I'm not sure of anything at the moment. My mind is so hazy, I can't even think anything anymore.
       He's sitting next to me. I know he's there but I feel disconnected from my body. I think he knows that. He pulls me closer so that I'm laying into his chest. I relax and inhale his scent. His arm holds me securely against himself and he tangles his fingers in my hair. His steady heartbeat connects me back to my own body. I remember the sting in my heart and on my hip. I sense the feeling of water below my eyes and on my cheeks. He wipes them away, kissing the crown of my head.
      My brother comes down stairs. He's been solemn for the past month, too. He stops for a moment to glance at us on the couch. "Hi Marcus." He shows no emotion in his words.
     "Hi" Marcus almost mumbles back.
     I fall asleep in his embrace. I sleep a lot lately.

Meanwhile...

     Luke and Gage are at their apartment. Gage is in the fetal position on his bed. He had cried for the whole day. Why couldn't he stop crying?
     He felt the bed shift underneath him and the weight of another body pressed against his back. Strong arms wrapped around him and held him while he shook, crying silently. Luke.
     "Shh." Luke caressed his dark hair, and whispered into his ear. "It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault."
      He continued to weep, despite the comforting words. He would be alright. Both of the boys would. Emily, however, would not.
     Emily met Jake at the park. She saw him in a stoic way. He was a solid comforter to her. Even though he was a year younger, he didn't act as if he was. He was mature. He had skipped a grade in school, and you wouldn't be able to tell if I hadn't told you. Neither of them cared about the age difference.
     She was sitting on the playground. The play set steps were cold and the wind picked up her auburn hair. He silently appeared beside her, his hand slipped around her waist and he gently kissed her jawline. She felt safe with him.
     Only he knew that perhaps she shouldn't feel that way. Perhaps she should be afraid of him.