1

Chapter 1

I sat in the dugout, staring out at the field as the players took ground balls, Joe sitting next to me as I stared blankly. As I sat there, the past year replayed in my head. I had become the general manager of my father's old team, the Chicago Cubs. I led the team to a World Series victory for the first time in over 100 years and I made so many wonderful friends! I also made my father proud, an accomplishment I once thought was unachievable. 

"What wrong?" Joe spat and I jumped slightly, turning to look at him. 

"What do you mean?" I gulped, running my fingers through my long, straight black hair.

"I mean, I know you like the back of my hand Georgia!" Joe smiled softly making me giggle as I shook my head returning my attention to the field. It was quiet for a few minutes even though I felt Joe's eyes on me. I finally cleared my throat, looking down at my feet. 

"I got an offer from Colorado." I coughed, looking over at Joe. "A friend of mine from Columbia is married to one of the guys on the team and I don't know what happened! I got a call from them yesterday." I bit the inside of my cheek as I looked back down at my feet. 

"Well, what are your thoughts about it?" He gulped and I shook my head. 

"I don't know, I mean, it'd be good to finally get away from my father!" I sighed, looking up at the field. "It'd be good to see another part of the country and it'd certainly be good to get the money." I mumbled as I watched Kris field a ground ball, throwing it to Anthony with a large smile plastered on his face before pointing at me, making me smile softly. "But I don't want to leave this team! All these personalities and faces, I can't leave you guys!" I looked over at Joe, tears welling up in my eyes. Joe stood up and walked over to me, wrapping me in his arms. 

"Listen to me Georgia, I know that if you left our organization it wouldn't be personal and I can promise you every man on this team would agree with me that you need to do what's best for you!" Joe gulped as I hugged him back. "I know how unhappy you are here for no other reason than the amount of pressure your father is putting on your shoulders and I know that you can do big things kiddo!" Joe sighed, rubbing my back. 

"Thank you Joe." I gulped, patting his back before stepping away. "Thank you so much!" I smiled and he laughed, shaking his head. 

"Thank you Georgia!" He smirked before walking out of the dugout and onto the field.