Chapter one: A new and confusing day

(Your P.O.V.)

As your day started in the first hour of class the first years chattered annoyingly about how their professor was boring or the daily prophet. But to be quite honest you yourself were also talking, at least in your head. ‘I wonder if-‘ and ‘No no, that wouldn’t be a good lesson.’ Were all of the things racing through your mind. You wanted to impress them with new and exciting knowledge about what spells could ward off what and who created said spells. It was hectic, fun even. This was your new life and you had to appreciate it. You silently stood up as the class quieted at the sight of a large curtained cage you had made appear.  “Today, class, we will be discovering what spells can ward off imps.” You hated imps ‘they were tricky little things they were.’ You always understood why it was important to teach students about them though, knowledge is power after all. You went ahead and pulled the curtain off and asked “Does anyone here know what an imp is?” The room fell silent. ‘Grand, I have a bunch of dunces.’ You thought to yourself looking disappointed. “Very well,” you say. “An imp is a tricky magical creature that is similar to a goblin or fairy. I know of not even a single spell that will work against them, I’m sure others do but for now if you ever come across one, run.” The students looked uncomfortable at the lecture and the sight of the imp so you put the cover back on. You decided to dismiss class a few minutes early because you felt uncomfortable too, but it will be better in the next class period because it’s more of a planning period.  “Please open your books tonight and write at least two paragraphs on the Imp, information on the pages is in the index. Class is dismissed.” You say as you watch the happy students rush out of the doorway. “At least now I’m alone, though I do suppose I could tidy up.” And like that you grabbed a normal broom and swept until you noticed a figure at the door. You didn’t see them, but you could feel their vision connecting with your neck. “Hello?” you said as you turned. The man in the doorway said nothing but uttered a single grunt as a way of saying “hello” back. He had slightly messy black hair, a black cloak, and overall looked like he did not want to be anywhere. “Do you need anythi-“ You uttered before you got rudely interrupted. “It’s awfully odd that you just show up to apply for a class. Though I suppose….. I suppose most of us have known Dumbledore when we got hired.” He said in a slightly irritated voice. “Oh um, yes I do suppose I just popped up.” You were being driven mad by the awkwardness in the room. ‘C’mon, ask his name or something..’ you say to yourself. “So, what is your name?” you ask nervously. “Severus Snape.. who are you exactly?” he asked coldly. “My name is (First name, Last name), I hope to become friends.” You meant that to be confident sounding but it sounded like a rabbit talking its way out of a fox attack. He left after nodding with an unending look of sternness. “He’s kind of cute.” You accidentally shouted. “God, what’s wrong with me? Why did I-?” Just as you were about to finish he had walked back from hearing your previous statement. “What in good heavens did you say?” he asked in a sort of shock. You noticed his facial skin was slightly tinted red. “I uhh… I meant to say that as a whisper.” You nervously clucked out. You watched as he slowly backed away squinting at you. ‘God, I’m an idiot.’

(Severus’s P.O.V.)

                ‘I can’t believe she thought I was “cute”.’He thought as you marched back to the classroom in the dungeons. ‘How could she even think I’m cute. I look like a try-hard goth who listens to My Magical Romance.’ He had finally arrived to an empty class and took a seat waiting for the students to waltz in. He started to think about what he thought about that, and what he thought he could possibly think, and so forth. 'The day will go on'

                                                                                                End of Chapter one