.1.

Magnus Chase didn't believe it when he first found out he was an alpha. He didn't act like the other alphas he knew, but he accepted that was who he was. He thought that it was kind of unfair how people had no choice in being an alpha, beta, or omega; but everyone else seemed to be fine with it. Magnus constantly got teased throughout high school, so he was finally glad to escape it once he graduated and managed to get into college. Now he lives in New York, working for a growing business company. Is that really what he wanted for his life? No, but since he parents did his uncle had taken full control over his life. He thought about running away when he was a kid, but couldn't bring himself to do it.

Magnus wasn't tired, and he didn't feel like going back to the cold lonely apartment which he called home. He went out for a drink instead, and that's where he met Alex Fierro. It wasn't a scene from a romance movie where it was love at first sight, no it was the opposite. Magnus was only on his first drink when he smelled it, a omega in heat. No matter how strong an omega may be, in heat they are completely helpless. That's how he found Alex. A complete mess in the bathroom floor. "No!" She shouted at Magnus when he came in. "Stay the fuck away from me!" That's when she whipped out her pocket knife. Magnus could see the fear in her eyes. He had to give her credit though, all omegas wanted during heat was an alpha to fuck them, but she was ready kill anyone who came near her.

"I don't want to hurt you," Magnus said. "I want to help you, okay? It's not safe in bar bathroom. I can drive you home. Please. You can keep your knife..." Magnus didn't want to see the girl get raped and mated by some horny alpha, but he couldn't force her into doing something that she didn't want to. "Please..." Magnus begged and slowly she stood up on shaky legs. "You try anything..." she mumbled. "And I'll kill you without hesitation." Magnus figured that she just started her heat and that's why she was in control o her actions.

"I rather go to your place," Alex said once they were in Magnus's car. "I don't want you to know where I-" A moan escaped from her lips as her scent grew stronger. Magnus didn't let it get to him as he drove. He listened to her and took her back to his place. Alex looked herself in the guest room as soon as they got there. Did she expect to spend her entire heat here? Magnus didn't know if he could handle that, he was still an alpha after all. Magnus tried his best to stay awake, but around two in the morning something happened. The girl's scent had died down. He went to the guest room and knocked on the door. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she said. "I took some pills that suppress my heat when I got here. I've been waiting for them to kick in." She opened the door. Her two different colored eyes were wild and her dark hair was a mess. "I'm Alex Fierro."

"Magnus Chase," he said and smiled a little.

"Are you a beta?" She asked.

"No," said Magnus. "I'm an alpha. I've never met a girl omega before. They're so rare I didn't think they existed." Alex laughed. "Well I do exist."

They moved into the living room and Magnus got water for both of them. Alex smoothed out her dress and took her hair down and put it back up in an attempt to make it look nice. Magnus admired her. "You have incredible self control for an alpha," Alex said as she picked up her glass.

Magnus shrugged. "I know that you didn't want it... Plus I was scared that you'd kill me, which you said that you would." Alex smirked. "I would have," she said. "But realized that you're not like other alphas. Even when you found me in the bathroom there wasn't a hint of lust in your eyes."

"Well..." Magnus blushed. "I've never really had sex before..."

"Seriously?" Alex raised her eyebrow. Magnus nodded.

"I guess you could say that I'm traditional," he said. "Waiting for the right one."

"More like sappy," Alex laughed. "I should get going."