| chapter fifteen |

December 27th, 1987

FIONA

I was nervous as I walked into what was going to be my last day of school here. Everyone was doing their normal routine, but there I was, standing in the middle of the hall with sweaty hands and a gas which made it look like I was about to cry.

"Babe, where have you been? I can't do all of this work alone, you know that right?" I heard JD speak in my ear, and jumped.

"Don't come near me. I can't do this. Leave me alone." I replied to him and quickly walked away to my locker, which my group of friends were surrounding.

December 28th, 1987, 12:13 AM

FIONA

When it was finally time to leave, when I had my bag packed and it was midnight, my parents were still up. I knew I had to sneak out the window. I placed the letter in the middle of my desk, right on my journal.

Once my upper body was out, I quickly got the rest of it outside. I swung down from the roof my window was over, and let go of it and dropped ten feet to the ground.

I ran over to my car, starting the engine. "Goodbye, I'll miss you!" I said, although no one could hear me.

Driving out of town was hard. This is the place I grew up, where I did everything.

And I'm leaving it all behind.