하나

Maybe, it was the distance.
____

February 23, 2013.

Every relationship starts with a 'Hi' or 'Hey'

Ours started with Hey, wanna be friends?

She texted me first. She was just searching for friends.

We knew each other and once we got a bit closer, I got to know that she was from Seoul, meanwhile I was from Daegu.

After a few months, we were really close but a bad news came. She needed to go and, she wouldn't have any connection.

After 3 months from that she had chances to chat and I missed her so much. I spent almost everyday rereading our old chats. And from that I started to fall for her.

'Hey. I missed you so much, Eonnie!' She said.

'I missed you too, Seulgi-ah. How are you?' I replied

'I am okay Eonnie, but.. I am not that happy. I always miss you.' And that was probably one of the reasons why I fell for her. She was a sweet talker.

Maybe, the distance was the reason why I kept her in touch with me.

Seulgi was so funny, but I never really saw her face. I always get curious, on how she looks like.
But she always say:

I am cute, Eonnie. And what I can only say is, if you say so tho.

How the heck I was supposed to be convinced if her profile picture was a picture of Pringles?

Then meanwhile I got to know Joy and Yeri, they were her really close friends. They were nice too. I kept asking them about Seulgi, and they said that she was grounded coz she once tried to go out of school.

Pabo.

Months had passed. I barely had her news.

And then a message popped up on my phone. And it was from her.

'Eonnie! Annyeong~ I tried to chat you a lot of times but it seems like it is impossible! Btw my parents want me to move with them to Gwangju. But I don't want to :('

I was so happy that she contacted me.

'Seulgi~ I am glad that you chatted me. Hmm. I think that you should talk about that with your parents. How long are you gonna stay there tho?'

'I already did that Eonnie. But they really want me to go. And it's about like 9 months.. but it can be possibly 1 year. And I'll leave next week. Yeah.. I don't want to leave Yeri and Joy.'

'Aish.. But it's the only choice.. We can't do anything.. they're still your parents after all, they are doing that for you.'

'I know Eonnie..'

It was a sad news, because I was planning to go to Seoul for a vacation. It was a great chance to meet them altogether. But I guess I'll just meet Yeri and Joy.

___

"Eonnieeee!!! Woaah daebakk! I never thought that you are this beautiful. Omo!" Yeri said and hugged me.