Backstage

WOD was at its peak at this time of year. All the best events were happening today. I smiled and held my friend KJ's hand. "It's going to be amazing, KJ! You, Mr Takahashi, are going to dominate the stage when you perform your solo. And I'll be here ready to give you a big hug once you finish! Now go! They called your name!" I giggled and pushed him onto the stage.

I watched proudly as my best friend rocked with his smooth moves. I was so busy jumping up and down and mimicking his movements that I didn't see a clothes rack behind me.

I tripped and it sent me flying, resulting in an embarrassing fall at the feet of someone's Vans. "Aiiiiish! I'm an idiot." I whispered to myself.

"Are you okay?" A boy asked.

I kissed my teeth. Who is this jerk? Of course I was not okay! I had just fallen onto the fucking floor for goodness sake! My pride was bruised! I had been embarrassed so of course I wasn't okay!

"I just fell onto the floor. What kind of question is that?" I replied.

"Well, you're quite rude. I was going to help you up but i think i changed my mind." He said.

"Boy, who said I wanted your help? Did i ask you to make sure i was okay? And yeah, i'm rude. So fucking what?! Did i ask you to talk to me? Did i ask you to help me? No, I didn't." I scoffed as i got off the floor.

"And you have a potty mouth too. Ah goodness, people these days. Don't you know who i am?" The boy questioned.

"Don't you know who I am?" I retorted.

"Well, I'm Sean Lew. Nice to meet you. You may have noticed me dance on Youtube and on Ellen." He smirked.

"Boy, I'm not a sad person who watches people dance on Youtube. And I don't watch Ellen so stop getting too big for your boots, mister." I scoffed.

"You are quite an amusing person, if i may point out." Sean told me before walking away with a smirk on his face.

"Boy, what the fuck! You don't just say something to someone and walk off like that! Come back here and explain what you mean!" I commanded, but he just kept on walking. I stood there watching him retreat slowly.

"Aiiiiish! Now i missed half of poor KJ's performance." I groaned. Even though Sean wasn't there i turned around and yelled at him. "It's your fault! How dare you come and distract me with your cute face and deep ass dimples!"

"Can you be quiet, girl? People in the audience will hear you!" One of the backstage crew hissed.

I whimpered and nodded like a little kid.

SEAN POV

I hid behind the crowd of IMMABEAST dancers and watched the girl, smirking when she called me cute.

I couldn't describe how i felt when she spoken her first words to me. I wanted to know more about her. I had expected her to know who i was and to melt at my feet but instead she didn't and rewarded me with an attitude.

A smile crept onto my face when she regained her happiness and started bouncing up and down, watching someone on stage.

"-for KJ Takahashi!" The loudspeaker sounded. A boy of about 15 or 16 came running off the stage and he lifted the girl, whose name i still didn't know, into his arms.

"Who's that?" Julian said, elbowing me in the ribs. "You know her?"

"Who?" I replied, turning to face him.

"The loud girl who made a scene by falling at your feet. She's pretty. What did you say to her? She looked pretty mad when you walked off." Julian quizzed.

"I told her she was interesting. She's really something. None of the girls we know have her fire." I told him.

"What's her name?"

"Stop asking too many questions, Julian." I chuckled.

"We should get her to hang out with us after we perform." Julian stated. He fiddled with the program and looked for our name. "We are after Loa-Rose Greene."

"Loa-Rose! You're up next! Get ready!" A member of the backstage crew said.

I looked for the girl who i'd talked with earlier and saw her taking off her leggings and jacket. "Loa-Rose...that's her name." I whispered.

Her costume wasn't flashy. She wore a plain leotard, a white long sleeved shirt which was rolled up until the elbows, a pair of black shorts.

She danced with a lot of expression, telling a story with the moves or props she used.

"-me? Sean! Hey! You zoned out there. You have tears on your face." Nat told me before handing me some tissue. "The dance was really expressive, wasn't it? Her emotions came through. She looks like she's been through some difficult times."

I took the tissue and wiped the tears away. The boy she was with, KJ, came over to me and smiled. "She's amazing, isn't she?" He smiled.

I nodded, speechless.

Little did i know that 10 years from now, when i turned 25, Loa-Rose Greene would become Loa-Rose Lew. Little did i know that she'd be with me till we were old. Little did i know that 6 kids would be the result of our love.

Little did i know.