Prologue

DANCE is the hidden language of the soul and body.” – Martha Graham

▬ 「Prologue」 ▬ 

     FLASH here, flash there, flash everywhere. Interviews here, interviews there, interviews everywhere. Suffocating.

You might wonder, does she ever get tired of attention?

Yes, she gets tired of the attention; the stress, pressure — everything you do is monitored by them. They live for drama.

“Do you now have a lover?” Kaelee internally cringed at the awkward atmosphere and the frequently asked question.

“I don’t. And for the next years, I don’t plan on having one. Maybe when I’m nearing my early-30’s — I might, MIGHT, snatch one,” I winked at the camera. Of course, this was a live broadcast for every television.

The questions came flooding for the next few minutes, then she left for the theater with some guards and her own small group of staff. It was time to perform.

▬ ❦ ▬ 

     HER sweat dripped from forehead to chin, then she bowed, along with her dance crew. It was the end of their performance and everybody applaused — very pleased with the show.

“The best example for ‘Save the best for last’, am I right?” The audience answered a chorus yes and Kaelee sighed in relief. She was very tired and she would’ve been mad if the spectators boo-ed them.

But no one ever did to her, so why did she worry?

▬ 「#」 ▬