Chapter 1: A Stressful Day

Vanessa's POV

"Roni! Time for school!" I said, as I threw her backpack across the room. "Ughh! Watch out Nessa!" Veronica replied, grumpily. She's never in a good mood on a school day morning. Just a fresh cup of coffee could make her more alive. "Here," I said, as I handed Veronica a Starbucks coffee. "Bu-but acne..." she stuttered. "Oh you'll be fine!" I said, as she took a sip. I could tell instantly she got more energized. I don't know how but it works like magic. Then I just remembered that she goes crazy........oh no!

"Um that's all Roni! Remember! Acne!" I said, trying to snatch the coffee. She let go of it and suddenly it spilled all over me. "Ughh! Roni!!! This is a new shirt!" Quickly I rushed up stairs to change into an 'I don't care' look.
-
I came downstairs all fresh and clean and ran to the car. I'm gonna be late! I thought.

Roni was already backing out. I waved a hand trying to make her stop. I ran to the passenger side to the car and got in. Phew! That was close! I noticed it was raining snowflakes a little. Hm cool, I thought.

I suddenly remembered about the car ride we had to film! "Ok! Do you have the camera?" Roni asked, impatiently. "Well umm......" "Well go get it!" Veronica hollered.
-
"Hey guys! Welcome back to another car rides!" we said in chorus. "So we're on our way to school," Roni said.
-
At school
------------
Everything was neatly decorated with Christmas decorations. My favorite time of the year! I squealed in my head. I absolutely LOVE Christmas! The Merry! The jolly! The family gatherings! And most of all; PRESENTS!!! I don't know what Roni would get me! Only 1 week until Christmas!

As I was lost in my happy thoughts, someone ran into me. "Oh! I'm sorry!" I said. I looked up and saw....my crush!!! Oh no! Should I act cool? Should I walk away? Should I be myself? Hmmmmm, I'll go with the last one, I thought.

"Um hi. I'm Vanessa," I said, shaking hands with him. "Hey, I'm Harrison," he said, "I'm so sorry. Here, I'll help you," he said bending down, trying to pick up my papers. "Oh no! It's fine!" I said. He just looked at me. I could feel the awkwardness in the air.

I picked up all of my stuff and said, "I should probably be going." "See you around?" Harrison asked, as I smiled at him. That was AWKWARD, I thought in a singy voice. And he's British!
-
I walked to my car in the frosty snow. I saw the air my breath made when I breathed. It didn't seem that cold. I saw the car covered in snow in the distance. "Vanessa!" a voice behind me shouted. I turned around to see Veronica running up to me.

"Hey Roni," I said. "You wanna film another car ride?" Veronica asked, excitedly. "What happened.....?" I asked, smiling wide. "Well you know Harrison right? The most popular boy in school," Roni said, grinning as wide as a rainbow. Please don't say that--

"Well!......HE ASKED ME OUT!!!" I felt my heart slowly drift from my body. I was speechless. Heartbroken. I had a crush on him since middle school. And now, my chances are gone.

"That's great Roni!" I said, putting on the fakest smile ever. I know that's not a word, but a word can't even describe what I'm feeling. Veronica skipped off into the white distance.

I'm gone.
-
We decided to go to Krispy Kreme because of this "special occasion". I was still gloomy. My twin hadn't even noticed me when I'm being super obvious! She's too busy being happy. She can usually see right through me, but I'm glad not right now.

I bit into my last, delicious Krispy Kreme donut. "Ok, you ready?" Roni asked. "Yeah. Hold on," I said, while grabbing my purse.

We walked to the, now white, car. I'm not feeling so good, I thought. "Um, I'll drive!" I said, racing to the car. "Are you sure Nessa? It's snowing really bad," Roni said, worrying. "Oh, I'm fine! Is it because I'm the younger twin?" Roni then kept her mouth shut.

I got into the driver's seat and barely saw anything. Phew! I got this! No worries, I said, trying to get my hopes up. I put the keys into the ignition and drove on the bumpy, snowy road.

We live right here, it's fine Nessa, I thought. But that made it worse.

CRASH!!!

The world went black.
-------------
Hey guys! This is a new story for y'all. I decided not to continue my other story but I'll leave it up. Let me know if you like this or not! Stay tuned for chapter 2!
~ Ashley