Brooke's death (alternate ending)

THIS IS NOT EDITED

It has just been three hours since Emma Duval had stopped her desperate search for Brooke. Noah had called her 10 times before she picked up her phone only to face the horrible fate of another one of her friends being reported dead from a murderer wearing a mask somehow related to her family.
Emma was devastated at the time, crying her eyes out that one of her only friends left had been killed for no reason whatsoever but now... She was emotionless. Why was this happening to her? She was thinking of the extreme such as suicide and ending this torture forever until she realised she had left her one friend left Riley at the police station.
Emma checked her phone and found 58 missed calls and 16 messages all from Riley. Emma got up and walked back to the station only to find Riley terrified.

'I saw Nina's boyfriend's car outside,' reported Riley in a creaky voice, ' isn't he missing, isn't he the Murderer?'

Emma didn't know what to say,

'Where's the car now?' Emma replied

'I don't know!'

Emma offered driving Riley home to make sure she got home safely, and of course Riley agreed.
While getting into the car Riley and Emma thought the same thing.

Emma's thought: what if Riley had died tonight instead of Brooke

Riley's thought : what if I had died tonight.