An Unfortunate Encounter

A stiffled yawn arose from Kent as he peeled his head away from the drool-soaked pillow that he laid on.

6:08

Heck, why is it so early?

Kent streched his still-sleeping arms, as he stepped down from his bed.

CRASH!

Startled, Kent leaped in tune with the crash, and swore.

Must be the cat, digging around the trash again. He mumbled, looking away.

Whatever. He took a step, towards his bathroom.

BAM.

Ah, what the fuck! He had fallen, hard on his shoulder. Geezus, did I drink yesterday? I don't feel sober.

10:29

Kent shook the milk carton. The expiry date said it was overdue by five days, and he could see solidified guck at the bottom. But their was still some milk left, so he poured it over his cereal.

He ate in silence, with the light crunch of his cornflakes.

ringgg

Kent glanced at his dingy phone, an alarm popping up.

Class at 11.

Well shit. He stood up, chucking his unfinished cereal in the sink, along with the milk carton. Katie can clean it up.

Kent ran up to his bedroom, grabbing his bag and swung down the stairs. Except, he didn't make it. The first step he took, his feet landed midair. Kent didn't notice, and the next thing he knew, he was a metre above the middle of the stiarcase, hovering in the air.

Holy fucking shit.

Kent squirmed around, and fell(again) straight down, and rolled down the stairs. He groaned, more from the traumatic situation than the pain.

Kent scrunched up his face, scratching his head, searching for a brusie. He looked up at the stairs, taking in what just happened.

What the fuck?

Is this a dream?