Dinner and More

So it had been quite a few months since Reneé had come back from some training within the military and Riven had come back with her. Well, not with her, but they were living in the same city in Pennsylvania. They both knew this was not a permanent home, as they could get called back at any moment, but they were making do and just living like normal 20 year old's. 

     During their time together in the same cadet squad, Riven and Reneé had gotten a lot closer and now they were dating. They'd been actually talking for a few weeks and it had been a long while since the first time Riven asked her out on a date, so she figured maybe she could invite him over and cook for him. That's exactly what she did. 

     Riven came over and they talked and laughed and ate and got to know each other just a little more. At least for Reneé, this was a really valuable experience. She had high hopes for their relationship even though it was literally just starting out. 

    After they ate, Riven got up, stretching a little bit. Reneé was reaching for the dishes so she could clean them up, but Riven had picked them up before she could. 

"Don't worry about it, I'll get them." He smiled slightly and Reneé smiled back at him. 

"Wow, so generous."

"It's the least I can do if you cook for me." He said, going over to the island in her kitchen and putting the dishes down into the sink. Reneé followed him into the kitchen, leaning against the opposite side of the counter with her hands holding up her chin. 

"So..." She began hesitantly, not really sure if she should bring up the topic she wanted to bring up. "I know this is like a red flag that people say not to talk about but I'm a curious girl." 

Riven glanced up at her as if telling her to go on while he scrubbed at the rice on the plates. 

"Have you had any girlfriends before me...?" Reneé stared at him, almost embarrassed, but he looked up at her coolly, his dark brown, almost black eyes not wavering. 

"Yes, I have. I've had two before you, in high school."

  Reneé's hazel eyes glittered now. If he was willing to talk, she wanted to know. "How were they?"

Riven continued cleaning, seemingly unbothered by her pressing. "What does that mean?" He let out a small chuckle, amused.

"Like what were their names?"

"Well, the first was Madison. She was okay, I guess. Nothing really happened with her, it was just a freshman relationship."

"And the second? Did something happen with her?"

Riven looked down, scrubbing some more at the dishes and running his hands under the warm water. "Her name was Cameron. We were together for about...a year and a half maybe?"

     Reneé pursed her lips as she painfully remembered how all of her past relationships never made it past 8 months. Though she wasn't very surprised. He seemed like that type of guy to have long relationships.

"So why'd you guys break up?" She asked. "Wait- if I'm pressing too much you don't have to answer I completely understand!" She butted in and added cautiously. It was their second date and she didn't want to drive him away with her curiosity and shameless personality. 

"No it's fine." He smiled a bit, not looking up from cleaning the last mug that was filled with tea. "She uh...she tried to pressure me into sex."

"Oh." Yeesh. Reneé regretted pushing so much. Maybe that was a sensitive topic? She couldn't tell because this man showed no expression like is he a robot, geeze. However, a new question popped into her head and she was 100% sure she couldn't stop herself from asking it even if she tried. 

"Have you um...are you..? Have you done....? Uhh....Are you a virgin?" She asked, her cheeks flushing the smallest shade of pink. She definitely shouldn't have asked that, that's rude. Well, it's done already. Shit. 

Riven smiled a bigger smile this time, turning off the water and drying his hands. He looked her right in the eyes, nodding. "Yeah. I am. Are you?"

     Reneé felt almost a bit intimidated by the stiff eye contact that he was giving her. She didn't think he was trying to be intimidating, it's just how he looked. But, his rebuttal kind of made her feel guilty. "No..." She averted her eyes, feeling a bit bad now that he'd been able to control himself, but she couldn't. "I'd love to make it seem like it wasn't my fault, but it was mine just as much as his. I wasn't pressured or anything, it just happened, I guess."

     Riven nodded in understanding, his eyes or expression not showing any sort of judgement. "That's okay. I get it." Reneé was extremely thankful that he didn't judge her for not being a virgin. Frankly, she didn't know how he still was. He's really fucking hot, especially when he smiles at her like that. Oh god, am I blushing? She thought, feeling her face getting hot. 

She looked up at him, her face getting even hotter with the way he was looking at her. "Have you ever kissed a girl?"

He grinned this time, blinking slowly. "Yes, Reneé. I've kissed a girl. Can't say if I'm good or not, I'm a few years out of practice."

She laughed, shrugging and tapping the counter. "Well I don't know what you've done! I wasn't there so how am I supposed to know you've kissed a girl?"

     Riven nodded a bit. "Good point. Well, I'll make sure you know for sure." He leaned forward slowly, as if he were a bit unsure of what he was doing, but Reneé guessed he was in too deep now. She was okay with that. He got really close to her face before he looked her in the eyes and leaned in more to kiss her deeply. 

     She felt almost a jolt go up her spine from excitement. His lips felt so soft on hers and she honestly felt like she could melt right there.  For such a stoic and intimidating guy, she distinctly noticed he was a lot warmer towards her than he was to anyone else, and it made her feel particularly special.

He pulled away slowly, smiling a bit. "Sorry if that was out of line.." He muttered, the smallest twinge of uncertainty in his voice.Reneé shook her head quickly, grinning. 

"Oh goodness no, that was perfect timing oh my god." She giggled, staring at him in a few seconds of silence. "Your lips are so soft. Do you moisturize them?"

Riven chuckled a bit before shaking his head and making his way around the island to get next to her. 

"Didn't you say you wanted to watch Disney?"

End