Prolouge

January King...well Moore, whatever. That was my name. But everyone called me Nunu or Jay , whatever floated their boats. Eventually I had to change it though. Too many people knew the name January. My name almost got me killed. And I couldn't afford to die. I had three kids to raise. I had a husband in jail that I had to hold down. And I had a best friend and a brother that needed me. We had money to make.

Everyone we loved died. It was just me Cuba , Mali and Ty left. So if you're reading my story thinking it's going to all end good ; or the beginning might start off with rainbows and shit , you're wrong and you might want to read something else. This is a story of hurt. Sure it starts off sweet. I meet the love of my life and my bestfriend, we get rich together. But quickly, everything falls apart. And we're left , alone.

And I'm here with three kids, two of which aren't even mine. I'm not complaining though, I love them. I'm just saying , this is a story of hurt. A story of pain. A story that proves that money can't buy happiness. A story of only the strong surviving. Life is supposed to begin after you get married.. but for me it seemed like life ended. Everything fell apart. So no, my name is no longer January King. My name is Cha'Lani Moore.