Selfishness

Let me tell y'all something about selfishness. Selfishness can ruin lives. Selfishness can kill people. Apart from money , selfishness is the root of evil. Remember that.

One peaceful year had gone by and everything was great. I got an apartment although I was staying with Mali for most of the time. Cuba and I were just about to close on our club. And Mali was right, we made each other a lot of money. However my grandmother passed away... but everything was alright.

"Y'all know I don't play about my money. So make sure Amani gets my cut , so she can bring it to me understood?" I yelled into the phone before hanging up. "Malachi lets go." I yelled to the bathroom as I examined myself in the mirror. "I'm not going." He walked out of the bathroom with an attitude. "The fuck, you're the one who offered to go in the first place." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes Nunu that was before you starting acting like a brat." He sat down on the bed and began doing something on his phone. "Whatever." I mumbled as I grabbed my phone and wallet from the dresser. I quickly walked out of the room. "Wait for me I'm coming." He jumped up and followed. I threw him my car keys and walked down the steps to the front of the house.

"Where y'all going?" Ty yelled from the top of the stairs. "To sign the deed to the club with Tylia." I yelled back. "Go food shopping motherfuckers." He called down. I ignored him and walked out of the house to my car.

We drove for only 10 minutes before we pulled up to my club where Lia was already waiting for us. Once we got out of my car , she did the same and greeted us with a smile. "Hey Li." I smiled and gave her a hug. "What's up Li." Mali gave her a little side hug. She opened the door to my club. I smiled at the sight... this was mine. Well mine and Cuba's. But I took part ownership of this , which made me happy.

"You like it?" Lia asked with a successful smile , like she had out done herself this time. "I love it." I told her as I sat at the bar. She sat next to me and pulled some paperwork from her Louis Vuitton briefcase. She placed the papers on the bar counter in front of me. The club was fully furnished already.

The V.I.P. Section furthest from the door, was white completely. The rest of the club furniture was red, my favorite color. Mine and Cuba's office overlooked the entire club, and our section was right outside the official, in the balcony.

"Okay boo just sign here." She pointed to a dotted line. "Cuba signed already?" Mali asked Lia. "Yep, last night." Mali nodded his head in approval. "And here." She pointed to another dotted line. "Okay So we're all done." She handed me the key to the club. "Congratulations Ms.King." She smiled at me. "Thank you Ms. Ellison." I smiled back. "When you gonna open?" Lia asked me. "Saturday." I replied. "Saturday? Nunu that's soon." Mali replied. "Right , you need a liquor franchise, a promoter and employees... how you gonna get that in 6 days?" Lia tried to school me. "What y'all think me and Cuba was doing while y'all was in Atlanta?" I asked now annoyed.

"Shopping." Mali mumbled. "No pussy we was handling business." I rolled my eyes. "Anyways. I got a house to show so I'll be seeing y'all Saturday." Lia blew us a kiss and left. "Can we go food shopping?" Mali asked. I ignored him as Cuba began to call me. I quickly answered. "What's up?" I answered. "Okay so..." "Oh you can answer Cuba but can't answer my question?" Mali cut Cuba off. "This not even Cuba this my side nigga." I rolled my eyes. Mali shot me a look that would've killed me if looks could. "Aight so the nigga that sell liquor gonna give us 20k worth the cheap shit, Ciroc etc. and 10k worth the expensive shit, like champagne." Mali and I both laughed. "I hope she let my nigga Traa talk 'cause she don't know what the fuck she talking about."

"Of course Traa talked." Cuba fired back. "Cu did you put any money down?" I asked. "Yeah I have the nigga with liquor 15k." She told me. "And the promoter?" I asked. "Oh yeah, he got a whole team they legit. We set for Saturday." I smiled. "Okay." "Me and Traa going to lunch so I'll call you later." Cuba picked up my habit of hanging up on people and that's what she did. "Can we go food shopping?" Mali asked again as we began to walk out of the club. "Malachi I do not live with y'all. Why do y'all wait til I get there to get food?" "Cause nigga we need all ya good cooking while you there. No go ahead and drive to Costco." He replied throwing me my keys.