My Sort of Sorting

We enter the castle climbing up the great marble steps. Even after the rebuilding of Hogwarts it still looked like it was built in the early 1400s. Professor Longbottom entered from the top stair case. He started to give the  " 1st year speech" as I looked around the room. I had seen this room in a thousand of my mothers paintings. She is an artist and is always doing school portraits, painting of the grounds, and  helping finsh the architecture, apparently it takes more than 2 seconds to rebuild and 600 year old castle, even with magic. My mom says I have an artist eye because as I looked I saw all the little details of the castle. The change from cream to dirty white paint on the walls, the crackfuled walls of a 5 year old castle. I also saw these kind of things on people like how Professor Longbottom had the same color hair as my mom but that made more sense because before my mom was Cynthia Ollivander she was Cynthia Longbottom, cousin of Neville Longbottom. 

" ... and now the moment you have been waiting for your whole wizerding lifes The Sorting Ceromony." Professer Longbottom declared as the doors behind him opened to revele a long hall filled with flowting candles and about 1,000 students. The Griffendor table was on our right with the Ravenclaw table on our left, the Slytherin table was on the far left, and the Hufflepuff table on the far right.  We went up the center of the hall and waited at the foot of the High table where Headmisstress Pomfrey sat right over a old wooden stool with a very old ragged hat on top of it. "Now when I call your name please come forward and I will place the Sorting Hat on your head and you will go sit with your new house." Professor Longbottom said in a loud voice. 

" April Akscew" and so the names began, thank god I'm in the o's.

The Sorting hats loud voice echoed though the hall."SLYTHERIN!" "RAVENCLAW!" "GRIFFENDOR!" "HUFFLEPUFF!" By the time half  of us had gone through there were 20 Hufflepuff, 17 Slytherin, 15 Ravenclaw, and 10 Griffendor.  We were in the N's and my name was getting closer and closer to being called. When I turned around you could see the other students making bets on what house people would get into. " Marcus Longbottom." I looked up to see the blonde headed boy go up the stairs to the stool. Marcus my second cousin and Professor Longbottoms son sat on the stool. The hat dropped on his head and " SLYTHERIN!" Marcus looked up at his dad but his Professor Longbottom looked if he couldn't be prouder. " Alice Longbottom." Marcus twin sister walked up she looked terrifyed and I knew why her brother her brave, loyal brother got put in Slytherin. She had told me before we went on the train that if her brother got Griffendor or Hufflepuff she was sure she would get in the other one of the two, but now she had no idea what would happen. " HUFFLEPUFF!" she smiled as she got of the stool. 

" Lydia Ollivander." I walked up the stairs wanting to know what my future held for me. Was I smart? Brave? Ambious? Loyal? I wanted to know, I think I already knew the second I got on the train where I belonged. 

" So an Ollivander are you? You are very smart and creative but you also want to show you will be the best wandmaker the world has seen. Even better that your Grandfather?  So Slytherin yet you also have undying loyalty to your friends and family?  You are all of the houses because with that loyalty comes even more bravery. This will be the first time I say this but what do you want? Does your Heart, Soul, and Head agree? Ah I see what you want and what you need are two different things but which one? Need alright, RAVENCLAW! 

Ravenclaw the word echoed in my head like a coin in a empty box when shaken. I am  Ravenclaw like my Father and Grandfather. I am an Ollivander. I was sorted into my sort of people. My sort.