III - Dream

I jumped when I felt a hand shaking me. I opened my eyes in the bed that Miss Tracy was letting me use.

"You must have been tired. I've been trying to wake you up for twenty minutes." She told me. I just look at her. "The pizza will be here in five minutes. You can pack later. Come downstairs and help me set the table."

"No thank you. I'm really tired and I am certainly not hungry." I tell her.

She just walks out of my room and slams the door. I wonder what happened to the sweet lady that was trying to wake me up I think to myself.

I pull my journal from my suitcase. I start writing about how I think today went. I don't know why but writing has always helped me. If I get the urge to write, I write.

"Today was eventful. I met Her. She's not bad, I think. I hope. I pray. If she's like the others, I don't know what I will do. No one understands"

All of a sudden the door gets thrown open and Miss Tracy walks in.

"IF YOU DO NOT COME DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW I WILL KICK YOU TO THE CURB. I DID NOT HAVE TO TAKE YOU INTO MY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO IDIOTIC TO TELL YOUR PARENTS TO GET DOWN." She screams at me. I just look at her for a second before I start to close my journal.

"Yes ma'am. I'm sorry." I say as I stand up, holding back tears.

"Don't cry. You're so dumb. The food is gonna be cold by the time we get downstairs." She retorted while rolling her eyes. I started walking towards the stairs when my arm was grabbed by Miss Tracy. "I go first. I'm the one who's putting the food on the table not you. Don't think you're entitled to go first just because you're a long term guest."

"I'm sorry. Go ahead of me." I apologized while stepping out of the way. When we get to the dining room I only see one plate on the table. "Where can I get a plate?" I quickly ask.

"In the kitchen where the dishes are." Miss Tracy answers, her voice sounding as if she thinks I'm an idiot.

I walk into the kitchen and start looking through the cabinets until I finally find a plate. I take the smallest steps I can manage until I'm in view of her. When I sit my plate down next to hers, she seems baffled by the fact I put my plate next to hers.

"Why do you think you can sit next to me? I didn't give you permission to sit there." She snarks.

"Well since I'm the only other person eating with you, I thought that I could sit next to you and we could talk. But I guess I'll sit at the end of the table and wait for you to finish eating so I don't curse your presence with my eating." I fumed, getting fed up with her attitude.

"That's a smart idea. That will probably be tho only one you have!" She tells me as she starts laughing. I grab two slices of pizza, put them on my plate and start walking towards the stairs. "Where do you think you're going with that?" She barks at me.

"To my room so I don't have to be in your presence any longer today." I retort as I walk up the stairs and slam the bedroom door.

I haven't heard from her for about two hours, so I getting ready for bed. I lay down, close my eyes, take a deep breath, and fall into the hole of night terrors.