Fall Away

I could see it in his eyes, the look of pure loathing, jealousy. It was getting to him how much time I was spending with Niall. Looking across the room I saw Sam, sitting alone writing down notes. I was sitting next to Niall, so when I caught eye contact with Sam, he just shook his head at me. It seemed like he was almost disappointed in me. I don't know why he was so upset about all of this. Wasn't he the one that told everybody else that Niall and I should start dating?

Then I thought about something, Sam has absolutely no reason to be mad at me. It's not like Niall and I are dating, and Sam and I have never dated either so what should he care who I'm spending time with? I should be the one that's disappointed if anything, I mean Sam and I used to be so close and now it's like we barely talk. Shaking it off, I looked back up at the board. I knew I had to talk to Sam after class though otherwise this would never get resolved.

As the bell rang, I ran to catch up with Sam.

"Happy Monday to you too," I said hitting his arm. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," he muttered, not even bothering to look at me.

"You and I both know that something is up with you, and I want to know what it is."

"I think you know damn well what this is all about!"

That's when I stopped walking, I stood right in front of him and looked him dead in the eye. "You better tell me what the hell is going on with you or your little scooter is gonna be trashed," I threatened.

"My problem is the fact that you're all lovey dovey with that new transfer kid who you met just weeks ago!"

I laughed, "We're not even dating, and even if we were dating what would you care? I asked you out to the school dance freshman year and you declined, so I know for a fact that if you did like me or even if you do like me now, you would've said something sooner. You didn't say anything though Sam so what's the point of me falling head over heels for a guy that won't like me back huh? And besides, Niall is a good kid, he cares about me. He likes me for me, I can talk to him easily, and I can trust him."

"And you can't trust me?!"

"I don't think I can anymore," I said before walking off to my next class.

....

"Josh, can you please talk to Sam. I tried talking to him earlier but I still don't know what's up his ass," I told Josh. We were sitting at lunch, but Sam still hadn't shown up.

"I can try but you know that when he's like this, it's hard getting anyone to talk to him."

"Fine, just give it a shot. If it doesn't work, then that little scooter of his is gonna be trash."

"You wouldn't break his scooter would you?" Ivy asked, shooting me a questioning look across the table.

"He won't talk, so yeah I would," I shot back.

"When you don't talk, he doesn't force you to say anything," Roxy said, trying to reason with me.

"That is so different though! Sam is just being a jackass and won't talk. I have way better reasons to stay quiet than his lame excuse."

"What is his excuse?" Niall asked.

I looked at his deep blue eyes. I didn't know what would happen if I told him that the reason why Sam was being so distant was in fact because of him. I didn't want him to think that we couldn't be friends just because Sam suddenly doesn't like him. I guess if Niall takes it the wrong way I can say that Sam is way out of line with all of this.

"He doesn't like the fact that I'm hanging out with you so much. I don't know why he's saying that and why he's taking it so hard but he doesn't get how I can talk to you and you can understand me better than him. He doesn't get the fact that we're just friends," I said truthfully. "But don't think that that changes anything between us okay? We can still be friends and we can still be together okay? I'm not going to let what Sam thinks ruin this."