Chapter 4

Emma's POV

As I walked in the door my dog, Kobe, greeted me. He is a Bernese mountain dog. We got him about a year or two ago, and he is the best dog anyone could wish for. I said my hellos back and walked to the kitchen. I looked in my pantry and there was nothing. I heard my phone ring. I walked over and saw I have a text from Nash. it read,'Hey. Are you by any chance a babysitter? My mom isn't home and I have no idea what to do with my sister Skylynn. She 3 1/2. I love her but I have never had to watch her by myself.' Luckily, I had to babysit my brother everyday after school when he was younger. 'Yea... I'll be over later! :)' I texted back.

I grabbed a pickle from my fridge and grabbed my things. I wrote a note for my brother telling him I was at the neighbors. 'Brandon, I'm going over to the Grier's House. It's just down the street so if you need anything come got me. Love ya, Emma.'

I grabbed my book bag and walked out the door. I closed the garage door behind me and walked to Nash's house. I was so excited to meet his little sister! And I think he said in History that he had two brother also. Hayes and Will, I think. I walked up to the door and knocked. I waited a few seconds and the door opened. I heard a little girl scream and start running towards the door. A little girl with blond hair and green eyes came over and grabbed Nash's leg. "Who is that?" she said with her little, squeaky voice. I answered before Nash,"Im Emma. And I heard your Skylynn. Is that right?" I said squatting down so I was eye level with her. She nodded and ran off. "Oh... Come in" Nash said opening the door so I had room to go in.

I walked into a big open space with open staircase. I saw a younger boy walk down without seeing me. "Oh, um hi." he said once he saw me. "Hi. I'm Emma. You must be.... Hayes?" I said more like a question. He nodded and walked over to Nash.

Hayes POV

"Hey Nash, Whose the hot chick? Wait! That's not your girl friend. Is it?" Nash blushed and said no and told me their situation. I walked into the kitchen to find Sky in the with food in her mouth. "I'm hungry!" she yelled at me. "You have food in your mouth!" I told her and grabbed an apple. I walked upstairs and cracked the door so I could hear what Nash and Emma were talking about.

Emma's POV

I met Hayes and when I heard he called me 'The Hot Chick' I blushed. Finally he left and Nash apologized. "Sorry I forgot to tell him you were coming over." Nash told me. "Its fine!" I say looking at him. He smiles when he sees me looking at him. "I'll confess something," he says "I didn't tell you Hayes was here because we watch Sky all the time. I just wanted to hang-out with you." he says and I blush. I feel my cheeks get hot, burning hot. "Well since we live on a lake, wanna go swimming?" I ask. Nash nodded his head and told me to go back home and get changed and he told me to be ready to out all night because it's was a Wednesday and we didn't have school tomorrow. For what reason? I had no clue.