dancing in the kitchen

[dt- elaina, rachel, and anyone else in my reddie gc. Ilygsm]

"Rich, I'm getting tired." Eddie whines to his boyfriend, not looking up from his fingers which were playing with Richie's.

"Okay, but first I'm getting a snack." The older boy sat up and clicked off the television which was blaring in the background. They haven't been paying attention to it, because they were too distracted by each other.

"At-" he glanced at the clock "-twelve thirty in the morning?" His boyfriend shrugged and stood up, the bed creaking. "I'll be right back, Eds."

The smaller boy sighed and waited for his lover to come back. He instantly felt a sense of loneliness, and the spot right next to him where Richie had been, snuggling in his chest was cold and empty.

After a moment of waiting impatiently, eddie called for his boyfriend. "Rich, it's been like three minutes, just get chips or something!" He heard his distant voice call back after a moment. "Huh... barbecue or regular? It's a tough decision, spaghetti."

The smaller boy groaned and wearily sat up. His legs were struggling to keep up his weight, and his eyes wouldn't stay fully open for a full second.

He saw the taller boy concentrating on the variety of chips in the pantry. Eddie reached past him and grabbed the half full, open bag of "classic potato chips."

"Woah woah woah, there Eds. Are you sure? I mean those are saltier then the barbecue and they aren't as crunchy-"

"RICHIE THEYRE FUCKING CHIPS CAN WE GO TO SLEEP NOW."  The shorter of the two looked up at the now surprised looking Richie. He faked an angry expression, but after a moment they both cracked up.

After a moment of the two laughing, Richie took a moment to take in the gorgeous features of his tired lover. His eyes had little bags under them due to dreary-ness, and his perfect chocolate brown hair was messy due to him playing with it. His smile could light up a whole room, and he pondered on how he was so lucky to have Eddie in his life.

The dull light coming from the kitchen lamp lit up eddies features beautifully. He was truly one of a kind, Richie thought. "I have an idea." He turned around to his stereo resting on the counter. He played with a few switches for a moment, and a romantic- slow dance song came on.

"Richie, I love you, but it's fucking midnight and I really wanna slee-" He was cut off by his boyfriend kissing him softly on the lips. He held out his hand for Eddie to take.

"May I have this dance, spaghetti?" The shorter boy rolled his eyes but accepted the offer.

Eddie placed his hands around richies waist as he was too short to put them around his neck, and Richie rested his long arms around his boyfriends neck. They slowly started rocking back and forth.

"You're beautiful, eddie. Did you know that? Like you're so incredibly fucking gorgeous in every way possible." Eddies cheeks turned a dark shade of red as he took in each complement.

They continued dancing for a while until Richie noticed his boyfriend was drifting off to sleep. He brought his hands to his sides and went to turn off the stereo. Eddie's eyes were only partly opened, and it was clear he was definitely falling asleep on the spot.

"C'mon, spaghetti, lets get you to bed." Richie whispered in a calm, quiet tone to eddie. He picked him up bridal-style and carried him to their shared room for the night. He gently placed him on the bed and pulled the covers over him.

"Goodnight, eds." He kissed his forehead before getting into bed himself.
-
Sorry for any possible typos // I tend to be illiterate too