a Shadow's Heart

• Dedicated to Jenn Rockwell

the downpour was harsh. cold. cold as anything iv'e felt before. trust me i would know. i shiver and shake, yet everyone passes me. looking straight ahead. yes. this is reality. our world. the world of humans. not knowing when to help or love. so the cower in groups like a pack of mice that's about to get eaten. i'm not one of them. i care. well at least i think i do. i wonder if these guys are really human? the rule is to love. but where can you find it? not in this city. no doubt there isn't a speck of compassion within these shuttered hears, there's shadows covering up; their fears, their sorrows, their tactics, their motives. me? well i have nothing but sand and sun, well in this case cold as fuck rain. i suddenly stand, and start walking slowly. funny, every one of the bastards start to sway away from me, like i'm some disease or i'm a stench no one like to smell. walking. then i break out in sprint. i run, run as fast as everyone else. i need to run from the shadows, the only thing i can cower from...the only thing. i cant stand the beating, the eating, the time consuming thump of those monster's hearts. mine is pure, pure but stained in dirt and sand. living of the streets make you realize some many things, the simple stuff would be...hmm lets see...well your free with no money, tip~ no money no food, no food your dead, your dead body becomes someone else's free meal, and i'm not talking about bugs i hope you know.

still looking out of the alley with a ripped and stained blanket i found in the nearby garbage can, i wrap myself in the germy fabric. feeling warm and disgusted by the second. men in suits walk by, while women with hair tied up and way to much makeup on walk either their dogs or their children. i makes me want to puke this world. it's broken and we all know why, yet why don't we stop it?! CUZ! no one steps up, their scared. or its the population and the less and less resources, somehow i wish for a solution, but since i'm not that smart, i can't, funny thing is, i always think of the most stupid things, as when i think them, i think...'i can do it, i'll make it happen' but for some reason my legs don't move, it pisses me off.

The rain finally stopped after 6 hours of cold and bitterness. i walk down the dirty kicked sidewalk thinking about them, the people who are so carefree. how i wish to be like them, but how could i whe theres so much for me to figure out (besides what to eat for tonights mean before all the rodents get to the pizza's trash can)

i stop and look to the sky and i mutter the same words that got me kicked out of my house.....

"Just Wait God, I'll Show You Who Boss"

and as always, i walk away smiling, grab a trash can lid, and shadow my way to the pizza trash can.

-------------------------------------------------

So How Was The Short Story, This can be taken many different ways depending how you look at it, so i hope you enjoyed, rate and comments or even fan ;D -Lex