Chapter 16

[Amu's pov]

When I woke up I was lying in bed next to Ikuto. Ok more like pressed against Ikuto. My arms were wrapped around his waist and my head was resting on his chest. His eyes were open and...cold, Ice cold, angry. Who was he angry with, me? He's not the one who should be angry I'm the one who should be angry. He lied to me. Most of my friends lied to me. Tears spilled out of my eyes and onto Ikuto's chest. He didn't say anything but his eyes seemed to soften a bit. I got up and walked out of the room. I could feel Ikuto's eyes on me the whole time.

The tears were still spilling from my eyes when I walked into the twin's room. Akiko was awake so I picked her up and sunk into the rocking chair. She smiled up at me reaching her small hand towards a necklace that rested around my neck. I blinked in surprise. That wasn't there last night. Where did it come from? Was it from Ikuto? Could this be his way of apologizing? Well I won't be bought. But it is really beautiful. I placed my hand on the necklace. Akiko giggled and grabbed my shirt. I couldn't help but smile.

"Let's go make breakfast for everyone ok" I said standing up. She smiled and pointed at Akira's crib. Akira was about to start crying. I picked him up and carried them downstairs. The kitchen was a mess. Ikuto and Hikaru were cooking. I stifled my laughter and sat down. I was still made at them. I laid a blanket on my shoulder and started feeding Akiko. Ikuto glanced over at me a few times but looked away whenever I looked at him.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked Hikaru. He smiled and wiped something off his face. "Today's breakfast is eggs and French toast." He said with a smile. I smiled back and then sat Akiko in her chair and picked up Akira. He kept squirming around and wouldn't eat. I sighed in frustration. Suddenly Ikuto lifted Akira from my arms. "Come on Akira aren't you hungry?" Ikuto asked the new born baby. Akira just stared at him his head resting against his father's bare shoulder.

Without realizing it I stared at Ikuto. He was standing there holding Akira calming him down. He was a perfect father. No not perfect he owns Easter. "Ikuto give me Akira I need to feed him" I said crossing my arms. He frowned at me then set Akira down. "Amu comes with me" he said dragging me off. "No hey Ikuto let go of me!" I yelled struggling to get away. He narrowed his eyes and pushed me against the wall. His face was less than an inch away from mine. I swallowed and waited for what he was going to say. He sighed, and placed his forehead against mine.

"Amu doesn't do this to me" he begged his voice low. I glared at him.

"Why didn't you just tell me!? If you had I wouldn't be so mad at you! If you had just told me right away then maybe things would have been better!" I yelled. His striking blue eyes were sad and hurt but also angry.

"Damn it amu! This is exactly why I didn't tell you. I knew you would react this way if you knew. Amu I didn't tell you because I love you" he whispered. I stared at him; it wasn't often that he said that. He didn't usually show his emotions. I moved my face away from his and laid it on his shoulder, pressing my lips against his neck. He released his grip on my wrist. I slid my arms around his waist holding him tightly tears spilling out of my eyes. "I just don't know any more Ikuto. I'm just not sure what to think." I whispered. He wrapped one arm around my shoulder and stroked my hair with the other. "Then don't think Amu" he whispered, kissing my neck.

[Ikuto's pov. A few hours later]

I laid in the bed my arms behind my head, staring at the ceiling. Amu had taken the kids to visit Utau and that was something I could do without. With Utau and Kukai there I felt safe letting Amu leave the house. And knowing Yoru he would probably show up at some point. I closed my eyes and could almost smell Amu's strawberry scented shampoo. But then that was probably because I was using her pillow.