Behind the Poems / Songs - Alive & Breathing Version

Woah, we're already on A&B for a collection book. Amazing, huh?
So story codes for reference:

1. UMFH - Until My Final Hour

2. LYDST - Let Your Dark Side Through

3. R... - Remember...

4. SM - Storm 

5. LC - Lucky Clover

6. BM - Bittersweet Melody 

7. A&B - Alive & Breathing 

Enjoy reading!!

1. Become Stronger

First comes first, I'm back everyone, and here is my welcome back anthem (poem). It's good to be back and stronger than ever, so here I am writing a poem to bash my old work.

So many references where to begin?

Line 6 References Un from LC, which talked about untying chains and being bound by limitations.

Line 8 is in reference to UMFH when it states "until the end"

Line 9 references LYDST

Line 11 is R...

Line 12 is SM

Wings and feathers are often referenced, this reason is I've always admired birds in my other collections, however now I don't need to reference them because I don't envy them any longer to fly and break free since I don't have any limitations or chains binding me.

The inspiration for this song comes with my struggles for the past 6 years with esteem and trying to figure out just who I was. Lots of stuff happened, yet I've persevered through it all to become the Alchy that's writing this here today. I'm stronger, I'm wiser, and I'm more mature. 

And I'm proud of the Alchy that I've become. I've become stronger and now I'm writing what I want to write, not what I think people will read. I can be honest with myself. 

2. Alive & Breathing

Ah, the title poem/song. Anyways I had began drafting this a little over 3 years now, with the focus on the lines "I'm Alive, and I'm still breathing!" This line was nearly an anthem for me, battling through a few harder times that have passed. I'd tell myself, "I'm alive right now, and I sure as hell am still breathing." Which to me gave me a little more courage to battle through the hard times.

3. Right Now

I decided to challenge myself to write an actual "love" song, more of focusing on that feeling of love at first sight, when you first enter a relationship. However although all the feelings are magical, there is always that little bit of doubt, such as in "But only time will tell / if we turn out well / or if we split / and go the distance." 

Another thing that is referenced is "Twisted reality." This is a common belief that when all this magical feelings and outlooks make one feel as if he/she is loosing a grip on reality, forgetting how the real world works--much like when you're reading a good fantasy book. It's that feeling of getting lost in the moment, and the fear of losing that magical feeling.

4. Save You, Save Me

No, this is not from RtL although Apollo is from RtL. This is from DnO, which focuses on Apollo's struggles to find where he belongs in his world. 

The song does highlight the internal struggle that Apollo faces - Saving Avangeline and staying with Lenneth who's helping save Apollo himself. 

And "Shine Bright" references that they are both users of light, and when they actually try and behave, they shine brightly with their personality. 

5. Vultures

Believe it or not, this is an analogy to not being able to sleep, comparing the thoughts that keep you up at night to vultures. They circle around in your brain, and it just makes you more tired, but unable to sleep since they're still there, lurking and circling. Just a rather simple poem about not being able to sleep when there's too much going on in your brain to focus on sleeping at night.

6. Futile Fight

A shorter poem of mine, fighting the futile fight that we have to fight in our lives. Whatever that futile fight might be, it's not always as futile as we believe it to be. We can find the small flicker of hope in even the darkest of places. So basically, even if there is only that 1% chance of making it out, still believe in that 1% chance because that chance still exists for you. Don't give up, always believe in yourself~

7. Little Lost Child

Little Lost Child is a lullaby written for a child and his/her mother while they wait out a thunderstorm. It's a short sweet song, which will be featured in a later story of mine, so keep a look out for it! There really isn't much of a huge story on this without spoilers, so wait for the time that this comes ~ ! Hope you enjoy reading the sweet lullaby though!

8. Beacon of Light (Pt I)

Another song/poem/whatever for DnO / RtL, this one focused for DnO and the struggle between Apollo and Lenneth's relationship. While most of the first half of the song is focused on Apollo's vision and devotion to the protection of his partner, Lenneth, the second half is Lenneth's understanding of Apollo, knowing he has a mission and her willingness to assist in his goals.

9. I'm Only Human (El's RE: Mastered Version)

Ah, Éclair's relationship with her humanity. Quick note if you haven't read SBD since I typically don't write too much about it outside of El's world: El is a hybrid- half human half monstrous creation by man. And she absolutely hates this fact that she's not fully human. 

With that in mind, this is her struggle as she discovers more and more of who she really is through other humans.

10. ÉE

EE is another homage to Eclair, about her struggles with accepting the path she chose to walk down to carry on and 'save her future'. Eclair struggles with this concept, especially with her memories of the past. Later on she has the option to erase her memories or keep them, in which decides to keep them and move on.

11. Musicality Freaks

This was originally written a long time ago. This is about using music as an escape, trying to delve more into music and using it as an outlet as expression. There's a certain power behind the music which makes it an outlet for creative expression. 

12. Fake-in-the-box, Pt II.

We're going back to UMFH for this one - was mainly a rant song I wrote one day in my teen angsty years a loooooong time ago (okay not too long ago). I decided to remaster it, clean it up, refine it, make it a little less angsty a little more soothing...yeah, that's it.

Thanks for reading & I'll see you guys in the next Behind the Poems / Songs!