1

Everything was going perfect that particular day

But by night, everything went wrong.

Her morning coffee was perfect, neither too sweet, nor too bitter. The neatly stacked piles of corporate files were perfectly sorted out just like how she had asked.
The day went on perfectly, she on her 34th floor office, her employees working obediently and perfectly, on the floors below hers.
Sipping her 4th mug of coffee for the day, she looked out the big, glass windows. The view was perfect too. The skyline of the entire Seoul city, the Han River flowing peacefully and ...her.
In the building besides hers, on the same 34th floor, was the office of the evil bitch. Or in better terms, her rival.
But right now, the view was better than it always was. The reason was the perky, little butt that danced around the office in the absence of the evil bitch.
She watched the girl's strawberry hair fly around, her arms flapping, her perfect, little, cute butt shake.

Her tight, white skirt hiked up with every jump, revealing more and more of pale, milky legs. The one watching, gulped down her now cold coffee.

'Kim Yongsun, you'll be the death of me,' she whispered

Though she had always wanted a chance to talk to her, Moon Byul-li could not as she had promised  herself that she would never get herself involved in any way with the evil bitch. And sadly Kim Yongsun worked for the evil bitch.

She sighed.

There was nothing that could happen. But the way the strawberry blonde made her feel , it was something she could never explain.

She broke off from her chain of thought to see the evil bitch entering her office and Yongsun stuffing her earphones in her pocket, quickly straightening her silk blouse.

Byul turned away. Her fascination for Yongsun was nothing compared to her hate for the evil bitch.

Her own secretary walked in, bringing in a pile of folders.

'Back to work,' she muttered, draining out the rest of her coffee.

The day went on as uneventfully as possible. Byul was now back home, in her room, getting ready for dinner. She didn't like ditching her favourite wide leg office pants, but her mother had specifically called, not messaged like how she usually did, but called to just tell her to wear a dress.

Reluctantly, she wore a form fitting, black cocktail dress and her most comfortable black pumps. She preferred to keep her hair open, and quickly did her makeup, glancing at the clock. 'Little Miss, the car's ready,' the head maid said coming in. 'I'm almost ready,' she said, clipping small, diamond studs on her ears. Before leaving, she looked back at the mirror and fought the urge to wear a jacket. Shaking her head, she grabbed her clutch and her phone, rushing down the stairs.

'There was nothing more I could do,' the man sitting beside her, Cha Donghyun says. Everyone at the table, her parents, his parents, laugh at his lame joke.

Byul smiled softly and twirled her glass of champagne. Anyone would expect the CEO of Seoul's next big company to be a bit more...sophisticated, if not tgen atleast know better jokes. The dinner dragged on even more uneventfully. Waiters came and went, bringing in and out plates, dishes and bottles of champagne.

Just as Byul started to feel that the chocolate cheesecake she was eating was the best thing in the world, Donghyun tapped her arm.

'Hmm,' she turned towards him. He pulled out something from the pocket of his coat and held it towards her below the table. Confused, she glanced down to see a fat, silver ring with a shining diamond mounted on the top.

Her eyes widened.

'Marry me ?' he asked.

Her breath hitched in her throat. She wasn't ready for this. Everyone at the table suddenly started clapping. The waiters behind them started clapping. Byul felt herself go red and looked at her mother for help who was seated beside her, just like how she did when she was a little girl.

Her mother was smiling widely.

'Ommo, honey !!' she squealed, 'She's so surprised !!'

Laughing, she pushed her daughter's elbow so that her hand landed in his. Moonbyul should have known. Her mother never gave good advices.

From all the things that she stripped out of as she entered her room later that night, the heavy, diamond ring was the first.