The little boy.

A sandy battle field and a young solider trying to shelter him from the bullets raining down. Shelter him from death. He crouches in the sand suffocated by the dust and he shivers in fear. Scared that his child won't have a Dad scared his wife won't have a husband scared his mum will lose her only child and supporter. Scared his friends might have to carry his dead body back or even worse leave it to be covered in sand and dust to rot. A bullet hits him but he doesn't die immediately he suffers long pain as the blood pours from his arm no one can see or hear him and he closes his eyes in worry.

A child plays the hero everyday at school pretending he's his Dad in the playground as he chases ghis friends. Going home and being proud his dad is fighting for him at war. Letting the last line his father said to him play inside his head.

"Don't worry squirt I'll promise I'll get back. I'll fight just for you if I have to."

His little face beaming up at his hero as he nods in agreement and watches him walk away. Imagine the day his mother comes in with tears in her eyes and tries to explain that his father won't come back. The boy breaks into a million pieces as his father; his hero is shot down with one bit of scrap metal. He died, he suffered, and he was killed in action. He broke a promise. He wouldn't, the hero he saw in his head never died and he longed for that army bag to be sitting in the corridor once more. Just one more time. He wanted to see his one and only hero. And everyday tore him a little bit further as that simple thing; a simple bag never appeared again. A boy's father died and the boys' heart broke inside.

*********************

I really need feed back on this its for an English essay.

i kow i know your thinking its a story whats it doing in an essay right? but its an edited annecdote so ye.

COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

(if u havent already) take a closer look at the cover picture it really is heart breaking. That was the last time the child saw his dad. :'(