Chapter Seven (Part 1)

Aubrey

Somebody was screaming. A woman, but I didn't know who. I ran towards the screaming but it was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I didn't know what to do. I sat down, letting the woman's screams drown my ears. After a few minutes it finally stopped. I looked up and Angela was smiling in front of me, wearing white, stained with blood. She patted my head and I tried to stand up to help her, but she pushed my shoulders back down. She was extremely strong. I finally gained the strength to get up, I pushed up as hard as I could -

I looked down, my chest was sweaty, my arms felt hot. That dream was scary. I didn't understand what was going on. I picked up my Blackberry and went to my notepad, I wrote down all the details I could remember from the dream. The scariest thing about the dream was that Angela was smiling. She was covered in blood and smiling. I'm going crazy.

I got up and went through my linen closet for a new towel. There was only one towel and although I hated doing laundry, it had to be done. I turned on the water and let it heat up while I brushed my teeth. Since today was Saturday, I wouldn't have anything to do except take care of Angie. I looked at the beard that was starting to grow in, I decided I wouldn't shave it yet. People always told me I looked much younger without it, which I wasn't going for. I got in the shower, using the soap from the cologne set my mom had gotten me - I figured she would be happy to see I was using it. I washed off and got out. With the towel around my waist, I walked over to my closet and looked for an outfit. I remembered how easily Natasha used to pick out my clothes. I chose something simple, a black t-shirt and cargo pants. The shirt was kinda tight around my arms, but I didn't feel like looking for another.

I picked up my wallet and blackberry and headed out. After twenty minutes of driving, an unknown number called. I picked up only to hear Natasha's voice, "Hey baby, how's your day going?"

"Natasha, how do you have my cellphone number? I changed it for a reason. You know what, why are you even calling me? If I wanted you I would've called." I felt no remorse for being blunt with her, she clearly didn't understand that I wanted nothing to do with her.

"Baby, calm down, I just wanted to let you know I'll be taking the position that was offered to me at North Shore."

"You got a job where I work? What the hell is your problem? I've been avoiding you for months, what makes you think I all of sudden want to see your face every day?"

"Well when we were going out you wanted to see my face all night."

I got off at the exit to my mom's house and pulled over.

"Natasha," I said very calmly, "I no longer like you. Nothing you do will ever make me like you again. You're just making it harder on yourself. I'm not gonna stress over your bullshit anymore. So stop trying to be my friend, stop trying to be my acquaintance, because it will never happen." I hung up and started driving trying to take my mind off Natasha. I turned up the radio to drown out my thoughts.

Within five minutes I pulled up to my mom's house. I got out and walked slowly up the stairs. I rang the bell four times then my mom opened up the door and glared at me. I pulled her into a hug and she eventually hugged me back. "You smell good Aubrey." I smiled at her and we walked into the house together.

I smelled bacon and hurried off to the kitchen with my mom trailing behind. I stopped when I saw Angela. She was standing at the breakfast counter facing away from me. She was wearing very short pajama shorts and a white top. "Hi Angie," I said looking down at the bacon and taking a piece.

"Good morning Dr. Graham" I turned around and pulled the cover off the skillet only to see it empty, I frowned. "You can have the rest of mine, I'm not that much of a breakfast person anyway."

"You sure?"

She nodded and held the plate out towards me.

I walked over to her and took the plate out of her hands. The omelet looked really good, and I definitely wanted some. I used the fork and knife and started scarfing down the hot omelet. Angie sat next to me and started typing away on her iPhone. My mom came in when I was finished and slapped my arm. Oh well.

"What do you want to do today Angie?" my mom asked her.

"Anything is fine. I know I'm a burden, so I can go out today Sandi," she said politely.

"Would you like to go to the mall?"

"Sure, I would love that."

"Great, Aubrey was going to the mall today anyway!"

I raised my eyebrow at her. She got up from the table and walked away.

"When are we leaving?"

"Whenever you're ready, you can get whatever you want by the way."

"Thank you," she smiled at me, "I'm gonna go get ready." She got up and walked away, I decided to watch TV. I laid on the couch and soon enough I fell asleep.

"Aubrey," someone was shaking me, "I'm going to leave now, honey."

"Alright Ma." I rubbed my eyes. I checked my phone and frowned, it only had 30% left. I walked towards my mom's room to find a charger when I heard yelling.

"Fine! I'll come home tonight, will that make you happy?" Why would she go home when she knows exactly what's going to happen? I walked into my mom's room and put my phone to charge. It was quiet so I assumed the phone call had ended.

"Angie?" I knocked on her door.

"Come in," she responded in a light voice.

I sat on the bed and watched her put on her make up.

"Why were you on the phone with him?" I asked breaking the silence.

She looked at me through the mirror and frowned. "I wasn't."

"Don't bullshit me Angela."

"He said I can't stay here," she paused, "Well he said I can't stay with you."

"You aren't staying with me," I replied without emotion.

Angie sighed, "I can't stay here with Sandi anymore either. She doesn't want to be responsible for me and I can't blame her."

"She never said that."

She turned around and faced me. "That doesn't mean she wasn't thinking it!" she yelled.

I stood up and walked towards her, she backed up until she hit the wall.

"You're not calling him and you're definitely not going back there. I don't care what he says." I was standing right in front of her and looked her up and down. I turned around and walked away from her. "Be ready in ten minutes," I said as I closed the door.