Carnival at School

Based on a dream I had.

(Description of what I saw, and what happened in that dream. Somehow, I thought this would make a good story.)

Starts off with a view of trees, which later lessen and reveal a school carnival/fair surrounded by trees. Car arrives to the front of school.

Ellie and her friends get out of the car to look around. Ellie and co. go around to have fun.

Time skip, the sun is setting. Ellie is wrapping up the last game. When she is done, she wanders around to see what else she missed. She sees a booth she will go to tomorrow.

Ellie stops in front of a few cabins, where her teachers seem to be worried about something. Ellie, along with her classmates, are instructed to stand at a nearby high point and wait.

A strange shark-like creature emerges from the bottom of a cabin, in which the cabin turned out to be an inflatable. A teacher tugs on the "cabin", then lets go. All the students who were still on top of that "cabin" is suddenly flung into the air like rag dolls.

Just as soon as she is flung into the air, she lands in an offset version of a post-it note filled office. Still feeling a sense of danger, Ellie runs to keep herself away from that creature she saw a few moments before.

After running for a long time, she trips on something and falls down from the platforms. She goes unconscious.

What seemed to be 3 years after the creature was sent out into the light of day, she wakes up in a small room. The room was like a plastic cage, and one of it's walls had a view of outside.

A rather demented-looking version of what once was the school is what Ellie saw out that window. She wanted to leave. She tried to escape, and failed.

She tried once more, and managed to be lost within a few random prisoners.

...prisoners? What the hell happened within those 3 years? She had still been able to leave to a platform, where two people helped her solve a puzzle.

(At some point, she almost messed up a section of a puzzle. Everyone screamed and panicked. I laughed so hard internally that I might have woken myself up!)

With one last turn of a wheel, Ellie solves the puzzle. Whoever was there had cheered at her as the platform lifted her up to... a panel. A panel with many buttons.

She has no idea what to do with the buttons. What will they do? What if she presses the wrong one?

...

Though, it was really confusing me about what had actually happened and why it made sense to me. It's also confusing about why I wanted to post this..

And now I did. After about 2 years of procrastination, I still remember how this dream went.

My friend requested I make a multiple ending thing with the panel, but the story made no sense so there's no point in choosing.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you are just as confused as I was.

Bye!