Chapter 3

Marley

After staying up all night completing my school work, I woke up feeling more refreshed than I had in a long while. The only thing that would have made it better was if my baby was laying next to me.

I removed myself from the comfortable bed and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth with the toothbrush that I'd left over here. Odell's place was like my second home, so I had a lot of my stuff here and he had a decent amount of his things at my apartment. Just as I spit out the last of the toothpaste, I heard the front door open and immediately perked up.

I wiped my mouth of the excess toothpaste and exited the bathroom only to be greeted by Jarvis.

"Well damn Bob, don't look so excited to see me." He remarked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I thought you were Dell."

He sucked his teeth. "Odell wishes he was the Juice Man."

"Whatever you say, Juice Box."

Now it was his turn to roll his eyes at me. "That little peanut head ass boy gonna be here in a minute. But, it's something I wanna talk to you about."

I went over to the LSU themed bungee chair in the living room and took a seat, crossing my legs underneath me.

"Shoot."

He took a deep breath and sat down on the couch opposite of me.

"I need you to look out for Ivana for me. I know she's your friend and you're not gonna snitch on her, I just need you to make sure she's being safe."

"You forgot that she's also grown. But, that's my girl, I wouldn't let anything happen to her."

He nodded. "I know. And I know I'm kinda hard on her, but that's family man. I'm not gonna be here much longer to look out for her, so I just wanted to be sure we touched base."

My face scrunched in confusion. "What do you mean you're not gonna be here much longer?"

"Me and O-" Before he could finish his sentence, Odell walked through the door holding two bags of food from the popular burger spot, Fat Cow.

Upon seeing the food, I abandoned the conversation and went over to retrieve the food. I scavenged through the bags grabbing a carton of fries and the signature burger that I always ordered.

"It's nice to see you too, baby." I turned around at Odell's sarcastic words.

I put my food down before making my way back over to him and attempted to kiss him, but he moved his face away. Not caring for his antics, I grabbed his chin hair and pulled his face down towards mine and kissed him anyways.

"You gonna stop talking advantage of me." He called after me as I skipped back over to the food.

I popped a fry into my mouth. "I haven't done anything yet."

"Yo, ew!" Jarvis yelled from the couch.

"Shut up, Jarvis." Odell and I said at the same time.

Jarvis threw his hands up. "Well, I see I'm not wanted here."

He then stood up and began making his way out of the room, making sure to grab a few fries from my carton before leaving.

"Aye, don't come back for a few hours, bro." Odell said, not taking his eyes of me.

Jarvis simply shook his head and walked out of the door, grabbing his keys on the way out. Once the door clicked closed, Odell wasted no time closing in on me. He effortlessly lifted me by my waist, placing me on the miniature island. He then attacked my neck with his plump lips, causing goosebumps to raise all over my body.