Chapter 7 - Happy To Help

Scarlet's POV

I found my finger entangling themselves within his tresses, lightly tugging on it just as I felt his arm slide down my back and around my waist. My eyes opened and I realised what I was doing, causing me to abruptly pull back, arms removing themselves reluctantly from around him whilst I step back.

I knew my cheeks were on fire and I did my best to hide them, my fingers lacing themselves and unlacing themselves around my back. "I-I'm sorry." It was a whisper, one that I wouldn't think anyone could hear.

Stefon says nothing, merely stepping closer to me, making me tense and prepare the slap that I knew would come my way. However, my eyes opened, not realising I had shut them, when I felt his palm gently resting on my cheek. His eyes stared into mine with such concern and worry, it scared me. His thumb dragged across the surface and it crossed a wet line - a path a tear had taken. I was crying? Why? 

His other arm gently snaked around my back, pulling me flush against his chest and then moving to the back of my head, making me rest my head on his chest. After a few moments, I relaxed, inhaling deeply. His thumb continued to caress my cheek, a small smile forming on my lips. My lips. They felt like they were tingling. 

Gosh, I couldn't believe I'd just done that, and here he was just hugging me. I didn't even know why I was crying! I was snapped out of my thoughts as he lifted my chin, glancing down and leaning in.

The second time his lips were against mine was even more intense. It was lingering, sweet and full of passion. One may call it a kiss of love perhaps, but it couldn't have been, not after only knowing him like this for a few days. 

This time he pulled back, moving his lips to my cheek and pecking there before also pecking my forehead. "I have never seen someone cry after kissing." He'd mutter, a worried look still hidden in his orbs. "It's hurting me. Why are you crying love?" It was hurting him?  I didn't quite understand.

"I...I'm not sure. It's just...I thought I shouldn't have done it, and it was the first...it was my first kiss, one that I was willing to do, wasn't told to do and it was me who started it. It was lovely...and then...I thought I'd be in trouble, that I shouldn't have done it, that such a moment would be ruined by my own actions." I'd whisper, resting my forehead against his chest so as to hide my reddening cheeks. 

"The only thing that you ruined, was the kiss, by pulling away. You should never feel bad for wanting to kiss someone, to kiss me. You needed it didn't you? I wanted it to happen." My arms coiled around his waist, securing my frame to his. He was so sweet compared to James. It was unreal. Yet...it was unreal wasn't it? It was like when I am with him I am in my own little world with him. I forget everything around me. Is this what books described as falling in love?

If so...I had to stop. Now. I couldn't do that. He's destined for a Princess, someone worthy, someone with money and a life. Not little old servant me. 

"We're going to play a game. You're going to do your best at kissing me, at least thirty times today. While I try very hard to not get distracted by and avoid those delicious lips of yours to keep you from winning the game. If you manage to kiss my lips thirty times, then you win a treat, if not...then I win you." He'd remark making me furrow my brows and think about it. Easy peasy right? But the consequences...

"That's a little unfair don't you think? You get me either way." He chuckles  and shakes his head with amusement. 

"Very true little one. But the treat is up to you. You can do anything of your choice. Watch a film, go out, eat food, stay in, do nothing et cetera." He shrugs and places his hand on my back, spinning me around and lightly patting my rear. "You're playing the game, and it starts now, finishes by dinner."