Chapter 2

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

I flung my arm out of my covers to hit my alarm clock.

Ugh I hate early mornings.

I rolled out of bed and walked straight into the bathroom. Wow, I look a mess. I brushed my hair and had a quick shower before rummaging through my other suitcases for appropriate school clothes.

Blue jeans, green sweater, and some boots. That should do.

I quickly packed a bag full of school essentials, pens, pencils, notepads, all that jazz, then put on some light foundation, powder, and mascara. I'm not one of those girls who contours their face 24/7. I don't have enough time in the morning for that.

I took my phone off charge and had a quick look at the time.

8:03AM.

If I leave now I'll have time to pop into Starbucks on my walk in. I have a feeling coffee is going to be my best friend today.

*******

Once again, I find myself in an office, alone.

What a surprise.

"Ah, you're here." A man's voice called. "You must be Zera."

I nodded, surprised he pronounced my name right first time.

"Welcome to Beach Valley. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time here with us." He said, passing me a few sheets of paper.

"This is your schedule, you may get lost at first as our school is so big, but worry not, I've assigned you with a guide for the week."

The man gestured to the main door and a girl with long blonde hair walked in. She looked like one of the popular kids, wearing a bright pink tight fitted dress, heels, and a clutch bag. Yep, definitely popular.

"Hi, I'm Chelsea." She said, strutting through the doors towards me.

"Zera." I replied.

"Zera? That's a weird name, what kind of person would call their child Zera?"

Popular.... And rude.

No surprises there.

"Anyways, Mr B, I can take it from here." She said to the man, flipping her hair over her shoulder and practically dragging me out of the room.

"So, what lesson do you have first today?" She asked, once she finally let go of me.

I rubbed my arm where she had gripped and looked at my schedule.

"Umm, English in room 905."

She looked at me and smiled.

"Straight down the hall, third door on the left, have fun!"

And with that, she flipped her hair again, and walked away.

Wow, what a great guide.

*******

I managed to make my way to room 905, unfortunately not that easily.

Third door on the left my ass, it was the last door right at the end of the corridor.

Unfortunately, I learned that the hard way by walking into a random room halfway through a chemistry experiment, to discover that Chelsea had in fact, tricked me.