End Of All Things

Naruto's eyes widened as he spotted the man with silver gravity defying hair. The 4th Great Shinobi War had ended. The battlefield was littered with lifeless bodies and abandoned weapons.

Naruto immediately ran over to him and placed Kakashi's body on his lap. Kakashi had a large deep gash running all the way down his chest. All of the remaining leaf shinobi followed Naruto to where he was. 

"NO! You can't die on me! You made a promise remember! A promise to me you bastard!" They heard Naruto sob out loudly. A leaf shinobi went to go over there, but was stopped by Kakashi's voice.

"I k-know N-Nar-ruto. You and I b-both know I'm not going to m-make it." Kakashi coughed out, blood splattering on himself and Naruto.

"You bastard. After all we've been through, you leave me now. Now! To think, we were going to get married after this. You promised me and I promised you a life with each other." Naruto choked out.

The leaf shinobi silently gasped. Kakashi and Naruto were a couple? They were going to get married! 

The leaf shinobi then saw Naruto peel off the mask on Kakashi's face that was stained with blood and smelled foul. He leaned down and gave Kakashi a fiery and passionate kiss. Even though it was messy and bloody, it was meaningful and a last resort of some sorts.

Just know, I'm going to burn all those perverted books when I get home. And when I die, expect hell when I see you." Naruto wheezed out, tears silently sliding down his face.

Kakashi struggled to lift up his hand and wipe the tears from Naruto's face.

"Please don't touch my books." He whispered weakly. 

Naruto shook his head and muttered curses under his breath. They stayed like that for a while, still and  un-moving. The shinobi silently prayed for their fallen comrades in this time of silence.

Kakasgi died a little while later, a smile resting on his face as he went. Naruto felt his pulse die out and his hand started to feel a little cold. He whispered curses under his breath and slowly got up, Kakashi resting in his arms. He turned to the last surviving members of the leaf. All heads were bowed down, while there bodies slumped and he could hear some of them cry.

He stalked off, with Kakasi's lifeless body in hand. He went to a place where he knew Kakashi would find peace. He shushined to the Memorial Stone, and buried Kakashi right next to it. 

'I hope you find peace Kakashi. I will forever be with you. Don't you forget it!'  Naruto thought to himself.

His tears ran freely down his face as he walked away from the site. Loud, broken sobs came from deep within him as he fell to his knees. Naruto cried for what seemed like an eternity. He fell asleep on the cold hard ground and woke up in the dead of night. Dried tears clung to his face and he was shivering.

He was in no condition to do much of anything. Naruto rolled onto his back and stared up to the pitch black sky littered with stars as far as the eye can see. He felt at peace under the stars, surrounded by the forest. He let out a small broken smile, closing his eyes, feeling at peace.