How It All Started

I was thinking about my fifth birthday tomorrow as I was watching "Victorious". I overheard my parents yelling. My dad said, "Nora I can't believe you'd ever cheat on me! I thought you loved me?"

"I didn't! Why do you assume these things?"

"There is a horrid smell of cologne, and there is men's clothing underneath the bed?"

"I can explain everything."

"You don't have to explain anything, because there is nothing more to explain!"

Mom was speechless for a minute then calmly collected her stuff as she said, "I think I'm just going to go over a friends house for the night."

"No, you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight," my dad proclaimed.

My said nothing more as she headed towards my room. I quickly shut the TV off and scrambled to my bed. Right as I flopped into my bed mom came into the room. She had tears in her eyes as she wiped away her eyeliner that was running down her face. "Mommy are you okay?"

"Hunny I'll be fine, but just know you shouldn't assume things before knowing the whole truth."

"Okay, I'll try my best not to assume things."

"I love you so much baby girl; good night don't let the bed bugs bite."

"Wait mommy, can you sleep in my room with me tonight?"

"Aww honey of course I can."

Mom pulled out my trundle bed; when she settled she sang the melody of 'Away In a Manger' as I harmonized with her. Minutes later we both fell asleep.

About midnight I wake up to a man swinging the door open. I crawled into mom's bed crying on her. Mom's eyes opened swiftly; tears formed in her eyes as she screamed bloody murder for help. The strange man grabbed my mom pulling her out of the house. I ran and quickly grabbed my plastic baseball bat and ran towards the man. I swung the baseball bat right at the knee joint. The man's knee bent causing him to kneel; you could tell he wasn't expecting it cause his head fling forward and hit his knee. He yelped in pain as he dropped my mom.

"Help! Daddy Help!"

"I'm coming!" my Dad yelled.

Once the man heard my dads footsteps stomping down the stairs like a herd of elephants. He bounced back up grabbed my mom and left.

"Nora what the hell happened?!" dad yelled.

"Mommy is gone," I said as I ran to the door chasing after her.

"Stop. She gone, I can't lose you too. Now get back into the house," Dad said as he fell to knees crying wish that the fight never happened. I ran over and hugged my dad as he buried his head into my shoulder.

I didn't know what to do, but the first thing that came to my mind was to call the police because they help people. 

Before the policeman could say anything I said, " Help! Someone took my mom and tried to hurt me and my Dad!"

"OK we are on our way. Miss, what is your address?"

"Umm... 498 Valley Ave. and I think the zip code is 93087."

"Okay. stay calm we are on our way to help."

Five minutes later the authorities arrived. They asked me about my mom and they gave me a blanket so I would stay warm. My Dad cried a lot talking to the policeman, it was a really sad night. They told me they would do everything they can to find my mom and bring her safely home, but they never found her.