- au, 2017

( AU : IN WHICH ROMILDA YVES GROWS AND THRIVES )

          SOMETIMES, THE WORLD WORKS IN OUR FAVOUR: and that makes up the the brunt of the irony — the world probably pitied her, because everyone else did

SOMETIMES, THE WORLD WORKS IN OUR FAVOUR: and that makes up the the brunt of the irony — the world probably pitied her, because everyone else did. Romilda Yves was the subject of one of the worst medical misdiagnosis cases that the Derry medical department had ever harboured. All that mind medicine had never done her wonders, like pills were expected to.

The very lowest point of her supposed "BPD" was when she was merely fourteen years old — back when the world had oh so much influence on her, and when flared jeans were still a trend that was both convenient and fashionably groovy. She was fourteen when she'd lost her marbles, scattering them across the floor and letting them fall into the gutter, down the drain.

She completely flourished after that, joining debate club and the STEM team and watching the pep rallies from the stands with her own two eyes, sandwiched between Eddie Kapsbrak and Beverly Marsh. It was the last she expected to see of those two, practically; and she expected that to be OK, as Romy had grown up beside Cindy Horowitz, and she deemed it fit that she graduate beside her, too.

After leaving school, Romy wound up being an accountant for a couple of years, and then for a while, she was a self defence arts instructor. It seemed like but a distant memory, when she was attending those classes herself, on the whim of her good-willed aunt. She gave up on that soon enough, and became a yoga instructor for the older women in her local leisure centre (it paid well, and besides, Romy hadn't been totally against it in the first place).

But it was 2017, now. An elderly Aunt Meg had done nothing but make attempts to try to bribe Romy to get married for twenty or so odd years, and her wish was finally coming true. Actually, in hindsight, 2017 was a year for a whole lot of new things — for starters, Romy's pregnant! And she more than ready to finally settle down, but now she's also being chased by that bloodthirsty clown from her childhood again.

Besides, who doesn't love highschool reunions?