Chapter 1: The Beginning

Andrew Reed

His eyes wander on the empty pedestrian area just outside the entrance of a street named Yale. A Street he barely knows. He is new in the neighbourhood and has no established knowledge of the place yet.

He needs help.

A rope is tied tightly around his upper body and the only material he is currently wearing is the thin fabric of his navy blue boxer shorts.

Andrew immediately regrets his decision of joining the football team in his college. There is an initiation of new recruits every year and he is aware of the possible activities the seniors will creatively come up with, but he didn’t expect that he will be waking up on a bench in the middle of nowhere.

Previous experiences convinced him that this is part of the freshmen initiation since he was once a senior football player in his High School and he was known for his adventurous ways of handling the initiation process for ‘freshies’.

Now, he is one of those freshies. In college. Which is worse.

A small bakery named Kingsley’s located beside the street clock made it clear, with its eye-catching red neon lights, that it is only two o’ clock in the morning.

Andrew’s eyes widened and his nostrils flared. “Seriously?” He groaned in disbelief.

Andrew is one of those sleep-deprived teenagers and he greatly values any amount of sleep that he could get on a daily basis. To be awake at two o’ clock in the morning is not really an exciting way for him to start his Monday.

A sudden cold wind slams into his partially naked body and he shudders in response, making his teeth chatter and Goosebumps cover his skin.

He cursed under his breath and started walking around, hoping to see anybody who can help him. He knows it’s a tough luck that someone is awake at this hour but Andrew is an optimistic guy who believes that everything will work out in the end... eventually.

He crossed the street and passed the bakery, suddenly feeling nervous when he saw a long dark alley on his left. He had read many horror stories in his childhood and his brain can’t think of anything right now but those horrifying thoughts involving ghosts, which back in the days he always thought as funny and fake, that ghosts are nearly as nonexistent as getting an A+ in his Algebra class.

Just as he was about to pass the dark alley, he felt a strange vibe coming from behind him and his pace doubled instantly. His mind leisurely took a stroll in the past when he was so addicted to watching a TV series called Supernatural. A show of two brothers fighting ghosts to help the victims live in peace again.

Andrew feels like he is the victim right now but there are no brothers to help him. Long gone the courageous brave man that he is, he started running for his life, feeling there is a someone trailing behind him.

It is not an easy thing to run like that, there is a rope tied around his body and it keeps him from moving freely, but since Andrew is a football player, one of the best, he was trained well enough to withstand restraining forces.

Out of the blue, and he has no idea how it happened, he was suddenly hardly shoved into a brick wall in another dark alley that he has never seen before.

Andrew wasn’t sure whether to be amazed at the sudden phenomenon or to be extremely terrified about it. He blinked his eyes twice, adjusting it into the darkness but a sudden jolt of pain throbbed in his back when he tried to move himself away from the wall. He winced and almost fell on the ground but cold hands are holding both of his shoulder to keep him from falling.