~{Chapter 1: I'm an Exeption}~

~A bona fide, a different kind of fine~Different Kind of Fine - Zac Brown Band

Different Kind of Fine - Zac Brown Band

~Jessica's POV~

I hide in a building while the people of Shanghai evacuate. It's been more than a year since Keiko came back from his small adventure with Barricade, and all the new recruits have been very successful in eliminating any decepticon they spot.

I've been on all hunts which include big cities so the cons we were chasing couldn't destroy anything. But it's been a while since I've been on a mission.

"Jessica, you ready?" I hear Lennox's voice over the walkie talkie thing. It looks so funny I'm really not sure what it is.

"Hell yeah!" I say happily. Ironhide rolls up to the building I'm hiding in with a bed full of soldiers as I run out and into the passenger seat.

"You ready?" He asks. He's audibly excited for the chase.

"We're a little out of it," I admit. "It's been so long, but we got this!"

"We're counting on you kid," he says. "Let's keep this clean."

"Keiko and Teagan can handle it," I say confidently. We soon roll into the area where the Decepticons are supposed to be. Everyone jumps out of the bed and Hide begins to transform, his parts shifting and reconnecting in such a way that it places me in his servo.

Yeah I've finally learned their anatomy or whatever you wanna call it. Suck it!

I shift to my wolf form knowing it's the smallest and fastest in case I need a quick escape. The flames ignite along my spine and illuminate the surrounding area, though Ironhide's headlights work much better.

"He's here," Hide announces. "I smell him."

"Hide, that's creepy," I say. He looks over at me only to set me on the ground. I run over to Lennox and Epps to figure out our situation. Skids, Mudflap, Sideswipe, and the Arcees are all here as well, though they're covering different areas.

"Red light," a soldier announces. We all stop.

"Oh no," Epps says quietly. I nudge his elbow with my nose to ask what's wrong. I can't ask them like I can ask Hide, only Cybertronians can understand me in this form. They would only hear barking.

Both soldiers look down to me and Will immediately scratches the top of my head. He does it every time, but I don't argue. I'll admit, it's nice.

"What've you got?" Lennox asks, his hand lay still atop my head.

"Thermal ripple."

"Right... everybody be steady!" Lennox calls out. "We're right on top of it!"

Suddenly an enormous construction vehicle begins transforming. I quickly summon Keiko and Teagan by their true sizes to stop the giant. With all the firing and panic occurring around me, I become flustered. In the middle of the chaos, Teagan swoops in and sets me on her back where it's safe.