chapter 13

Chapter 13

Hailey

Luis was holding my hand and dragging me behind him as he pushed his way between the crowd of hungry students making their way to the cafeteria, well actually he was more like gliding because after he pushed a few students the rest just moved out of his way.

“You are such a bully” I said trying to get my hand out of his.

Is not that I didn’t want him holding my hand it’s the opposite actually I really liked how it felt to him hold my hand but I wasn’t about to let him know that.

“What I’m not a bully why would you say that?” he asked with a frown on his face.

“That’s easy look around you people are so scared of you that they are moving out the way to let you pass” I said as we made our way to our lockers.

I knew something was wrong with Luke as soon as we got to the lockers, the look on his face said it all. He was sad, mad, and disappointed but he didn’t want to talk about it so when Carlos started asking questions I knew I had to do something.

“Hey guys lets go I’m hungry” I said it was the first thing that came to my mind and stomach when it started growling like a beast.

I felt someone staring at me and I thought maybe it was the same guy from second period but when I turned around I was surprise to see Luis looking at me intently. When I made eye contact with him I started blushing. The weird thing was that this wasn’t the first time I blushed because of him. The first time was during my second period art class which I love. The bell rang just as we walked in the classroom and after introducing ourselves we were able to sit down and started painting. I already knew what I wanted to draw this beautiful Hawaiian flower that I had seen the other day.  I started to paint it when I felt someone staring at me but when I looked up I didn’t see anybody looking they were all drawing. That kept happening until I looked up and I finally sound that the person who kept on looking at me was this guy two seats in front of me. He was a tall buff guy with black hair and beautiful brown eyes. Someone poked me and I turned around to look at Luis with a glare.

“Stop staring your drooling” he said.

“Why do you care, jealous?” I asked joking around.

I turned to look at the guy again expecting Luis to say something but when he didn’t say anything I turned around to look at him so fast that I cracked my neck. He was just sitting there staring at me with a look I couldn’t figure out. I tried getting his attention but he just kept on staring at me and I started blushing all of the sudden for some weird unknown reason.

“Hey Hailes what do you want to eat?” Luke asked bringing me out of my flashback.