Chapter 31

Ethan and I were sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV. This is what we've done all day. Neither of us wanted to go out so we resulted to this. I didn't mind though. I just felt happy when I was Ethan no matter what.

It's crazy how fast the feelings I pushed away came back. It was almost instant when he picked me up. Maybe it's the fact that I know Grayson isn't who I thought he was or if I just knew Ethan was here when I needed him.

"Are you hungry?" Ethan ask Breaking the silence. I just nod telling him I am and he jumps up off the couch and heads for the kitchen. I let out a giggle and follow behind him.

"What're you making?" I ask with a big grin.

"Well let's see." He says sifting through all the cabinets trying to find something he can make. "Do you like spaghetti?" He ask raising his eyebrows as he glances at me over his shoulder.

"Of course." I say excitedly as I jump up on the counter and sit. I watch him do everything. He was so focused but every once in a while he'd sneak me a cute glance causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Do you like to cook?" I ask as he's almost finished with everything.

"Eh not really but if you're hungry I don't have a problem with it." He says with a soft smile. My cheeks heat up and I look at my feet dangling off the counter.

Ethan begins to set the plates and were bit quiet. We're both focused on what he's doing until we hear the door open and close with a loud thud.

We both look up at each other and Grayson walks in. "Did you make any for me?" Grayson ask as if nothing happened last night.

Ethan stands up straighter and sets everything on the counter. "No it's for Aspen and I." He says calmly.

"Oh so you're cooking for her now?" Grayson ask with annoyance laced in his voice.

"Yeah she was hungry." Ethan argues throwing his hands in the air. I could tell Ethan was angry with how ridiculous Grayson was acting.

"It's weird. Just the other day she was all over me and now she's all over you. What a sl-"

"Don't you fucking dare talk about her like that!" Ethan says interrupting Grayson. I get up off the counter and walk past both of them and go straight to my room closing the door behind me.

I have to go. I have to get out of here. I can't take this anymore. Both of them don't want me here. I cause way to much trouble for them.

I grab a suitcase sitting in my closet and toss it on my bed. I begin to scurry around my room and throw things in not carrying how disorganized the bag is.

As I go back to my closet to get some more clothes I hear a knock on my door. "Go away." I say with a sniffle. I can't believe he called me that's especially after he told me he loved me.

"Aspen. It's me open up." I hear Ethan's soft voice say through the door. I ignore him and soon he realizes I didn't lock the door and he comes in on his own.

"What are you doing?" Ethan ask frantically as he makes his way towards the bed and blocking my bag.

"I'm leaving." I mutter back standing right in front of him with some more clothes in my hands.

"Why? Is it because of what he said?" Ethan ask as his face softens up.

"No Ethan. It's because no one wants me here. I just make everything worse." I say raising my voice a little.

"Aspen. Stop." He says taking the clothes from my hands and setting them on the bed. "Look at me." He says grabbing the sides of my face. At this point I can't help the tears coming out.

"I want you here. Grayson will be leaving and finding a new place or we'll find a new place. It'll just be me and you Aspen I promise." He mutters looking me in the eyes and whipping a couple of tears off my cheeks.

"What about you job Ethan?" I ask quietly. Almost too quiet.

"I told you, I'm quitting. You're gonna be safe with me just like I told you." He says seriously.
I just nod because I trust Ethan. He's never lied to me before. "I've already talked with a couple of friends and we think we're gonna buy a building in LA." He mutters trying to convince me even more. I just nod letting him know that I'm listening. "I'm gonna get a real job Aspen. You won't have to worry about this mess anymore." He says letting go of my face and taking me into a hug. "Please stay." He mutters into my hair.

I release him from the hug and take the bag off of the bed along with the clothes and I crawl into bed. I pat the spot next to me telling Ethan to join me and he does.

He slides in under the covers and immediately takes me into his arms. I snuggle further into him enjoying his smell and warmth. "Everything's gonna be okay." He mutters playing with strands of my hair.