El the pirate

Fae tackles me to the floor, screaming I protect my face, crying loudly. Her war cry having scared me and her punches hurting, "pretend your dead" she whispers before punching me again, frowning, I hit her back. My look all the words I need to ask her why.

She rolls us away whispering "pretend your dead, I'll explain later" I nod, crying out when she kicks me down a hill full of thorn bushes and brambles, I freeze. Lying still I hear Peter cheer, the other boys following. Holding back a sob, I crawl away. My arms covered in cuts and bruises I instantly decide I want to see the pirates.

I spend hours wondering through the forest lost and cold. Wiping my nose on my sleeve, I hide when I hear footsteps, seeing it's Fae. I get up and walk over slowly "good your here" she says hugging me "why did I have to die?" I ask confused. "Because Peter is viscous, he's nasty. Come on, the mermaids sometimes take on newcomers and your a girl so if your lucky you'll end up like them" she says, sounding like she's good friends with them "I want to be a pirate" I say quietly, watching Fae's eyes widen. I smile "please?"

Fae sighs "they've never seen you before. so sure...."

***

Listening to El talk about how excited she is about being a pirate I can only hope she will be okay. Stopping at the beach I know that if I get seen with her I won't be helping her but making them think she is with Peter. If that happens I won't be able to help her or Leo, my ill friend.