Chapter 9

God, this is why I stopped trying to find my mate. I knew it would never work, and even if I did truly believe he was my mate, he didn't seem inclined to treat me how I've seen others behave. Though some of that could be because of me.

Oh well.

"So then I can assume that if I keep being myself, cause trust me Babe, these are my true colors, I'm going to be like a full-time punching bag for a testosterone-filled gym." I said matter-of-factly looking up at him.

"Well you see, Babe," a pointed look at me with this. "That's absolutely correct. That is, until you figure out how to respond to your new Alpha and mate."

While he was saying this, he adopted a grin that kept growing until he seemed smugly satisfied. When he was done talking he grabbed my good hand and starting pulling me down the hall again.

"Don't touch me please, allow me this at least for now." I said ripping my hand out of his.

His response was to only growl at me, but kept walking anyway without turning around, continuing the walk back to his room.

Alright Niya, upstairs is probably our best bet, you got this! A little self pep-talk never hurt, and I was probably going to need it for the upcoming pain.

I waited until we got upstairs and headed for his room, recognizing the door by it's dark color and sticking out from the rest.

When he swung the door wide and held it open for me, I walked past him and stood in the middle of the room. He closed the door, locked it, turned around and looked me in the eyes, sighing.

"Look, I don't want this to be any more difficult than it needs to be, okay?" He said this while slowly walking towards me, never braking eye contact.

"Then why don't you just let me go before I hurt and embarrass you, more than necessary, that is." I shot back, looking him up and down before stairing into his eyes. "Because trust me, I promise you I will, and I never go back on my word."

By this time he was standing so close, I could feel his breath on my face, even from his height.

"Why don't you go ahead and try, my Little Alpha." Now smirking at me he whispered this in a low voice, taking a strand of my hair and let it slip through his long, calloused fingers.

I turned my head up and gazed at him through my lashes, hard not to with my height, and said in a throaty voice, "just remember this, stud," starting from his shoulders I trailed my fingers down his chest, making him shiver with desire that was clearly swirling in his eyes.

"You brought this upon yourself," now smirking myself from his quickened breathing, I pushed against his chest with all my strength, throwing him against the wall. There was a loud thump as he stumbled backwards and hit the wall.

He was surprised, but got over it when I quickly followed and, practically jumping, wrapped my arms around his neck and brought my legs up so they were wrapped around his long waist. I clung to him with my hips pressed against his pelvis and brought my lips a whisper away from his as I readied myself for the oncoming heat, breathing in his smoky scent.

Letting out a deep, satisfied rumble in his chest, he gripped my thighs and crushed his lips to mine, practically swallowing them and pulling me closer. I pulled his hair with one hand and let the other slip underneath his shirt and feel his stomach tighten at my touch. The tight muscles bunched under the touch of my nails scimming over his warm flesh.

Letting out a turned-on growl, he tore his lips away from mine, he then turned them to my ear nipping my lobe, "see how much easier this is, my beautiful mate?" He said in a husky voice.