Date Ruined

DAIKONS POV

Once the waiter came to our table Gabby handed her menu to him. I stared at her as I still wasn't done deciding what I wanted.

"I'll have the..." She went on blabbing her order. I was surprised the waiter got all of it. I noticed it was silent and my eyes were locked on Gabby.

"Sir?" I heard but my eyes were still glued on Gabby. "Mr..."

"Daikon!" Gabby snapped her fingers in my face and I looked up at the waiter.

"What?" I asked cluelessly staring at Gabby and the waiter.

"I need your order, Sir." The waiter said politely.

"Uh..." I still hadn't chosen what I wanted. "I'll have the special." Can never go wrong with the special! I handed menu and he walked off towards the kitchen doors.

"You okay?" Gabby asked me.

I nodded and smiled slightly, "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" Why did I ask that?

She smiled and even laughed a little. Not sure if it was at me or just a cute chuckle.

"I'm okay. Everything's okay Daikon. No one will find us, and remember if someone sees us we have our story." She winked a little. Again, I was confused on what her message was. But I went along and let out a sigh of relief. We waited in silence till our order came.

Well this was awkward. The only words we have said the whole time is things like 'How's it going?' and 'How's school?' 'How's life?' Even 'How's the weather?' We are a complete fail of a couple. Right then I saw Gabby's eyes widen. I could tell something past me made her heart stop. I was scared to look, but I did. And standing at the front of the restaurant was Gabby's mom and dad.

"Stick to the plan?" I took a minute to ask that, because I was a little in shock too.

Gabby shook her head and grabbed her coat and purse. "No, we're leaving. Now!" She stood up and I followed.

"Wait, what about the bill."

She looked at me like I was stupid. "Okay, here. Ask to get it to go from a waiter and pay them. We'll finish this meal at your place. I'm going to go wait in the bathroom. Text me when you're done so we can sneak out." She ran off to the bathroom and I sat back down.