6th grade YMCA camp manitou-lin

My first activity at camp was OLS (outdoor living skills) where I learned to build a fort and how to camouflage myself with the trees and the ground.

My second activity was horse riding, now mind me I haven't ridden a horse for quite a few years, I got on thinking that I was gonna fall off, but when the horse started moving, all I had to do was sit up straight in the saddle and I was fine.

My third activity was archery, I had NO experience in weapons whatsoever, So I pick up the bow from the hook and grabbed and arrow, I only hit the center of the target once, the rest of my arrows went flying.

My fourth activity was high ropes, a climbed a poll forty feet in the air and had to jump the leap of faith and hit a red ball. I felt like I was gonna fall all the way down, but my rope caught me 5 feet under and Once they were done luring me to the ground and unstrapped me from the rope, I fell to the ground and hugged the earth. After that I learned that sometimes you just have to trust ropes.After that I went back to the cabin and we slept for the night.

First thing in the morning we went canoeing. I'm not the big fan of big bodies of water. We went across a lake called Barlow lake. I laughed so hard because one of my friend had flipped his canoe.

My 6th activity was wall climbing, I go wall climbing a lot with my friend Isaac at the Y. So I strapped up in the harness and climbed that wall like a monkey with no problem except for the 2 loose rocks.

My seventh activity was zip lining, this is something I have never done before, I climbed a staircase almost fifty feet high and waited my turn. It was time for me to go and I was scared that the rope was gonna break. but it never did, I flew through the wind just fine. It wasn't so bad after all.

My eighth activity was working together as a team, we all had to hang onto a rope while untying at least 8 knots. We also passed a can named bob around only using our feet and we couldn't let the ball inside it fall out.

My last activity was gold rush, We took a compass and a map and went around camp to try and find small boards that led us to a small bow with coins, the group that came back with the most amount of points got to win a piece of candy.

That was my fun experience @ sixth grade camp. What was yours?