Chapter 1: The Move

I got expelled. You're probably wondering why, well lets just say, it was because of something stupid, which it was. I'd rather not go into detail about it, but all you need to know is that, I did it for a reason, I'm not sorry for it either. Anyway, because I got expelled, my family made me move to Miami to live with my grandma. Because they apparently 'couldn't handle me', so they just gave me to grandma.Instead of trying to find me a school in Chicago, they decided to move me to a completely different state. Those little bastards.

"Mason, time for breakfast" grandma said, I put on my fuzzy pink slippers, then hurried down the the stairs.

      "Hey, boys don't wear pink slippers" David giggled, he was looking at me with he's tongue sticking out. I wish he would grow up already, yes, I'm a girl with a boys name, so what. I know a lot of girls, who have a boy name. The only problem with having one is that, i'm always mistaken as a boy. Not personally, but when people hear my name, they always assume I'm a boy. To be honest, It's kind of fun to see there reaction, when they finally find out I'm a girl. There jaws always drop open, some of them even faint. Like I said, people don't expect a girl to have a boy name, for some reason.

      "Grow up" I said, I rubbed his short blonde hair, then sat down at the table. My mouth almost dropped when I saw all the food. Grandma had six extra plates on the table. "Who's gonna eat all this?" I asked. Grandma turned around, she was standing in the kitchen, making the pancakes.

"Your brother, Steven,and his family" Grandma said, I smiled, I haven't seen my brother in years, he left the house when I was only seven-years-old, and I haven't seen him since, we've video chatted once or twice, but I've never actually hung out with my brother. I know this is weird to say, but I actually want to hang out with him. Okay, I admit it, I miss my brother. Now that my brother, his wife, and his kids live across the street from us, I can visit him all the time! isn't that perfect. You'd think that he would try to move away from the family.

     "Oh, okay" I said, I started to eat my food, While I was eating my brother and his family walked in. I got up and hugged my brother, tight, I didn't want to let go. It seemed like he didn't want to either. We were hugging for a good 10 seconds then we let go, tears started rolling down my cheeks.

        "Where have you been, doofus" I said, I punched his shoulder. "Did you forget you have a sister?" I said. he smiled.

         "I missed you too" He said, he gave me a smile, then he sat down and started eating. While he was eating, I took the chance to get to know my niece and nephew's. Who are quadruples by the way, which makes getting to know them a lot harder.

"So what's your names?" I asked.

"my names Jason" one of them said "and that's Eric, Chase and Penny"

"It's great to finally meet you guys" I said, I gave them a big bear hug, then sat back down to eat the rest of my breakfast. While I was eating, I couldn't help but notice my brothers wife, she looked amazing. Her eyes were the color of the ocean, her hair was a dark brown, she was a thin lady, that looked about the same age as my brother, she also has a scar on her left cheek, but instead of decreasing her beauty it just added to it. All I could wonder was, how did my brother get her?

"How did you guys meet?" I asked my brother. He paused for a moment, then he looked at me, he opened his mouth, as if he was about to say something, but then he closed it. His hands started shaking, his face started getting sweaty, he kept biting his lips. I've seen my brother like this before. Back when I was in elementary and he was in high school, my brother used to be in drama club, and every week I had to see him performance. I remember my brothers use to shake his hands, get sweaty and bite his lips, before his performance. Just like he's doing now, Which means he's nervous.

        "I-I-I" Steven stuttered.

           "Spit it out, Steven!" I shouted at him, I was getting annoyed now, my niece and nephews jumped at the sound of my booming voice.

"It was at your old friends house"he said

"Which friend?"I asked.

  "The girl who got you expelled" he said, the whole table went absolutely quite, they knew how I felt about her, they knew, I was about to explode. I suddenly wanted to punch him, so hard he'd lose his memory of her. I wanted to hurt him so bad that he would feel the pain I felt. But instead, I just ran to my room, crying like the baby I was.