Chapter 5 Pieces On End

12/13/1123

          I looked at the pieces of the rock, the cave did matter. The cave was the last place that his family had been alive. There was no chance of ever seeing them, not in the greatest of hopes. Maybe, when I die, we will be reunited. The spirits shall let me be with them. I packed up, I had to get away from here. I looked back, I ran back to the cave. I couldn't help myself. I looked down as a tear came out of my eye, my mothers cave drawing, my favorite one. The one with the great mammoth. I believe that the great mammoth can heal and perform miracles.  If I could have on miracle right now, it would be to rebuild the cave. How? How can this happen to me, the last one, The Last Neanderthal, why me? The great mammoth could have saved my family! I am the last one. I searched through the rubble as tears came out of my eyes. It's all gone, done for, no longer mine. I went out into the driest part of the frozen field. There, I set a fire and let it spread for miles. The little men in the fire were no longer little. They were 2 feet tall. One of the little flames came up and opened its mouth. I expected that I would hear squeaking, but this time it was words. "Abaya, three men on the edge of the cliff, one is gone. Go east to the tallest part of the mountain, there you will be safe, this prophesy will be completed." He looked over to the other men, they were not Neanderthals, this didn't make sense. He left the fire and began his journey to the mountains. Looking out on his path, little sparks led a path that went on what seemed for eternity. "Let's Begin......