Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Wow Jerome left awkwardly about ten minutes ago. Did I seriously just fucking quack what the actual f is wrong with me. I heard another knock at my door.

"If it's anyone but Lyric go the fuck away." Lyric walked in she had purple dye mixed in with her hair now and I say it looks nice.

"You okay?" She asks me gently how does she know something's wrong already. She's gonna be a good friend before we have to kill eachother.

"It's about your brother." I state sighing she didn't look surprised. "We were almost at the kiss but I quacked and I-" She cut me off.

"Wait you quacked." She asked confused.

"Yes I quacked I've never kissed a guy before and it happened fast and I panicked, and I think he might not like me anymore." I state sighing.

She bursts out laughing. "You think he's gonna stop liking you because you quacked?" She questioned and I nodded.

She burst out laughing yet again. I glared at her. "Look I really like him I really do a lot he's cute funny awkward shy but I... just can you tell him to not do this to me because I don't want to get to close after all we are heading to the games." She had abruptly stopped laughing.

"I.. I can't do that he's my brother... I can't.... Just no.... I can't." She stuttered out and I just nodded.

"I'll do it then." I stood up abruptly and ran across the room to me door yanking it open and Mitch and Jerome fall in.

Jerome's POV (hahaha didn't see that coming did you.)n

"Dude you don't understand I think I messed up went to fast after all you said she had no familwy or friends right?" I ask him.

Me and Mitch were walking down the hallway back to my room when we heard something. It was Lyric she was laughing? Lyric never laughs.

"Ok I really like him I really do a lot he's cute funny awkwoard shy but I... just can you tell him dt o not do this to me because I don't want to get to close after all we are heading to the games." My sister stopped laughing. We walked over pressing our wars to the door we heard some muffled answers then the door swung open andn me and Mitch fell in.ti

"Oh my lord I'm so so sorry." She screeched helping us off the floor dropping Mitch when he was half way up and I ran away.

I heard her screaming at Mitch. "You were eavesdropping." She screamed at him and I ran off and onto the roof.

I was sitting down when someone sat beside me and put a blanket over my shoulders. "I don't want any of it Lyric." I say looking the other direction.

"That would work but I'm not Lyric." I turn over o see Wolf in a long sleeved red shirt and jeans.

"Look listen Wolf we can make this work I promise please just give me a cha-." She cut me off with a kiss a sweet and tender kiss. When she pulled away I ached from more.

"I'll give you a chance don't blow it." She gave me a short kiss on the lips.

"I promise we will survive this Wolf I promise." I invited her into my blanket and we sat there huddled in the blanket with the chimes from the trees dinging in the wind.

She slowly drifted off looking peaceful in sleep. "I promise it will work." is whisper then I kiss her forehead and she smiles in her sleep.