MICHELLA'S LOVE

Just pop out in my brain, feel like writing it. This is a one shot story. Hope you’ll like it!

Written by: Kara Patricia Agbayani

--

Hundred things to do before you die. I would actually love to do all of that but how am I supposed to do that if I already running out of time? How will I do that if life will be taken away from me earlier that when it is supposed to be? Well, I want to do one single thing before I die and that is to love and feel love even just for a while.

I was overthinking again.

I wasn’t supposed to do this.

I was listening to my IPod and saw the boy who I know I want to be with someday. I came closer to him.

“Hello, would you like to be my Boyfriend?” I know that’s the lamest thing to do but I just want to.

“But I haven’t courted you?”

“Does that matter?”

“Does that matter to you?”

“Not at all.” I smiled at him and he did the same thing. After that, he became my boyfriend and me as her girlfriend. I feel like the happiest girl in the whole wide world.

Sam. I had a crush on him for like forever but he was too dumb to notice me because he was busy noticing someone else. Someone I hated for forever and that was my sister.

My twin sister.

“Sam only liked you because you look just like me.”

“That’s not true. He loves me.”

“You just pushed yourself to him. No one likes you and no one will.”

I hated my sister. She had everything I don’t. She had a great life, a lot of opportunities while I am stuck here waiting for a miracle to happen.

“WHY CAN’T I HAVE THE LIFE SHE HAVE!!!”

“Are you okay?” I looked at Sam.

“Why’d you accepted my request?”

“Why’d you choose to be my boyfriend when you don’t even know who I am?”

“Why Sam? Why me?”

“Because the first time I saw you I know it was you that I love.” My heart skipped a beat. Why is he so sweet?

“I was nothing like my sister.”

“And that’s the reason why I love you.”

And in that moment I felt like I was better than her. That I was better than my sister.

Until one day, I was about to meet Sam. We planned to go and take a walk together.

He was with my sister.

“Everything’s going in its right place.”

“Thanks for your help Sam.”

“You lied to me! You both lied to me!”

“It’s not what you think Mik. Please. Listen.”

“I don’t want to listen. Just leave me alone.”

“Never ever try to talk to me again.”

From that day, I started cursing both of them. I started avoiding people. I preferred being with myself. Everyone tried to talk to me and convince me to live life but how am I supposed to live life when from the start I am already dying?

What kind of life is this?

I wish I could die now.

Now.

And my wish was granted. I was being weak, thin and wasted. I guess that’s what I am supposed to do and I just waited at the hospital until the right time comes..

But the right time didn’t come.

The next day came and I was wide awake shock with the news that someone donated a heart for me. You got to be kidding me. That’s impossible.

But I agreed with the operation. I guess God gave me another chance to live. To make things right.

And I wanted to forgive the people who I had hated..

I talked to Sam that day and told him how much I love him and he told me the same thing. I now understand what happened. My Sister did convince Sam to notice me because my sister knew that I love Sam so much that I’ll do anything for him. She wanted me to realize that I am speacial on my own way..

And so I did forgive my sister.

“I wanted to see my Sister but why are we in the cemetery Sam?”

“Because this is where your sister is.”

I looked around but I didn’t found her. Is she playing with me again? I don’t like this.

“Where is she? Come on Ella! I don’t like this kind of jokes. I forgave you already!”

I shouted but she didn’t respond. Are we going to play hide and seek again? It was her favourite game but I hated it. It’s such a waste of time.

“ELLA! COME OUT NOW. WHERE IS SHE SAM?” He looked at the sky and so did I.

“She’s somewhere far.”

I froze and a tear fell on my eyes.

“She’s somewhere far.”

How far is she now? Will I be able to see her soon? Will she even hear me now?

I’ve always hated you Ella! You’re always full of surprises and I hated that. I HATED ALL OF IT. I hate what you did! I hated that you crash yourself just so you can donate your heart to me! I HATE YOU FOR BEING SO LAME. You had everything in your life but you wasted it on someone like me.

“I hated you for hating me but I still love you..”

“..until my last breathe..”

“..I don’t want to see you hating the world. Life is the best gift you can ever have so live and love while you can..”

“..don’t forget to take a good care of OUR heart! Love, Michella.”

Now I don’t want to do anything more in my life than to treasure the one love that I will always keep in me forever and that is...

MICHELLA’S LOVE.

“Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours. Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.”

“Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family.”

 Cherish the life you have today for tomorrow is not guaranteed