φ 1 φ

My name is Mason Pines though I like to be called Dipper, I'm 18 years old, my height is 5'7", with short brown hair, brown eyes, and live in the 66th housing district with my family. I have a twin sister named Mabel and I'm the younger twin. Even though I'm younger I attempt to take care and protect my sister.

Though the best I can do is try to hide her view of the torture and living hell that is happening around us. I know that I can't protect her completely but I just don't want Mabel to see death everyday.

It usually feels dark and gloomy here even on the sunniest days. Though sometimes I feel like Mabel and my family are the only ones that give me light in this damned kingdom.

This is the worst kingdom to live in than all the other kingdoms, even though we are feared and never attacked by others, it's only because we're the ones that attack our kingdom. At the age of 21 every male is forced into the military for 8 years and the military patrols all of the towns in every district from their main streets to their back alleyways. No place here is safe to say anything bad about the kingdom or talk back, not even a sarcastic sounding remark. If you do get caught you will be executed on a platform in the middle of the town by one of the specially picked executioners.

It's horrible to watch and the only place I deem somewhat safe is the basement of my house. That's only sometimes though, I don't know how people can live here all their lives.

I want to escape all this hell.

●◒●◒●◒●◒●◒●◒●

Mabel and I walk to the open air market and as Mabel buys the groceries I start to see people traveling over to an area then dispersing.

As Mabel still trying to find the exact change I get the attention of someone that saw what was going on and ask, "What was that about?"

"Oh boy, there was someone yelling out their hatred for this kingdom a little while ago. It was a young lad to... I feel sorry for him for what is to come." The older male said with sadness in his eyes.

"Thank you for telling me sir." I say then turn back to Mabel.

Once I begin heading back to her the man grabs my arm and says, "Be careful boy, you need to live out your life as well. I would hate to see another youngster die."

I nod then continue my way back towards my sister.

"Hey Mabel," I get her attention, "we should probably head back home soon, are you done here?"

"Almost Dipper, I just need to find one more sliver coin then we'll be set to go." She answers cheerfully.

"Okay." I nod then look toward the way home.

We'll have to pass the execution site to go home. I know Mabel doesn't like to take the long way around so we'll have to hurry before the execution starts. There's always a huge mass of people around the area to slow you down, so you pretty much have to at least get a glance of it or hear the screaming to get you to look up at what is going on.

I want to avoid that with Mabel.

Mabel is finally finished paying for the groceries and we start to head in the direction of home. As more and more people begin to clutter around us facing the site I direct Mabel to look towards me and not to the execution that's about to start.

But my attempt was in vein when we all hear a loud screech of pain vibrate through the air. Mabel looks over to the platform curious of was is going on and I quickly try to tell her not to.

She almost drops the grocery bag and stares at the scene in horror. I cover her eyes and say, "We should leave now."

She nods and I guide her through the crowd as quickly as I can but apparently not as quick as I would like.