Chapter 1

After the tragic incident, there was a black cloud over R.H., Now rated 3rd in the top 10 most dangerous schools in New York City. Entering the second semester of the school year, a lot of things changed, students were transferring to different schools, and new students were entering. when the semester changes the student's classes change, X was excited about the new semester because he wanted to start a new path and make his mother proud this time, being he missed half of last semester due to his suspension. X decided to take gym first period and science for his second.

" I'll take gym in the morning to get energized, then I'll be ready for this boring ass science class" X said to himself.

While X was walking in to the school gym, he heard someone yelling in the gym locker room, where students change before and after class.

"Yo what the fuck, these mother fuckers always do that ".

When X walked into the locker room his face lit up with excitement.

It was Mally, Mally was heated because he asked his guidance counselor not to give him gym too early in the day since basketball season was over and the gym classes in the afternoon are always the most fun.

"Mally what's good, who would have thought I'd run into you" said X.

" Yea they put me in this bullshit class, it's too damn early for this shit" Mally replied.

"At least basketball season is over, it's about to get hot and it's gonna be lit afterschool" said X.

Mally laughed,

"What part of Brooklyn are you from?" X asked.

"Downtown why?",

X asked "You know where St. General Hospital is?".

Mally said "Yea I was born there",

X smiled "Me too" he said.

"You from Harlem though" said Mally,

"Yea but I was born in Brooklyn, I moved to Harlem when I was six".

X started naming places in Mally's neighborhood, he had Mally stunned.

"All this time you were from Brooklyn, now I know why you act the way you do" said Mally.

X laughed then said, "But besides all that, I can't thank you enough for what you did for me that day".

"Don't worry bout it my guy, I couldn't let them do that to you, especially now knowing you from my hood".

They both laughed, after gym class X said

"Yo Mally what you got next".

"This whack ass science class" said Mally,

"Ms. McLean",

"Hell yea that crazy lady" replied Mally,

"I got her right now too" said X.

It was like god put them together for a reason. Since that day X stayed around Mally, afterschool they would go to the park and play basketball with a few other students. Mally wasn't the friendly type, the only male friends he had from school was a few students who played with him on the school's basketball team, they all were from Harlem, so they only hung out at school. Mally saw something different in X, they were relatable when it came to life. X felt Mally was just like him, but a more mature version, which he was.

Mally smoked and sold Marijuana, caught his little robberies here and there, but If he told someone in school that they would look at him like he was crazy. To the people at school he was an angel, but to the people in his neighborhood he was a terror. Mally grew up an only child, and his father died when he was Five years old. Growing up in rough neighborhood, Mally had to make a name for himself, which lead him to grow up fast. He felt he had to do whatever he could to take care of his mother, he promised her that he would graduate high school with straight A's, since he stressed her out so much from getting trouble in the streets.